Monday, February 23, 2009

Once upon a time......


Here is another of my projects from awhile back. This was done in the summer of 2006. A guild to which I belonged at that time had a class in fabric manipulation. It was fun. If you click on the photo and look closely, you can see various tucks and twists and turns of the fabric that gave the piece some real interest. This piece is about 18 inches square and it hangs on the wall here in the bedroom the granddaughters use when they visit...which is also my sewing room. It has been hanging there so long now that I rarely actually look at it....which I should do, because it's a fun piece and I like it. I wish I could recall how all the techniques were done.....guess I could if I really studied the piece. As I recall, the handout wasn't too clear at the class....so even if I dig that up, I don't think it would help. Hope you enjoyed this little bit of reminiscing on my part! It makes me think I should give this quilt a name and put a label on the back. Any ideas for a good name for it? AND...before you leave, I want to tell you that Linda is having a nice giveaway over on her blog this week. Click HERE to get the scoop on this and to enter your name.....and tell her I sent you, okay?

13 comments:

Unknown said...

A name for this "Pretty in Pastels" I love it the piece, very pretty.

Anonymous said...

A class in fabric manipulation? Sounds like something I could use. Fabric seems to manipulate me most of the time. ;)

Anonymous said...

Sorry, meant to add -- this is lovely!

LINDA BYLSMA said...

That piece is really something. When I enlarged the picture, the center pieces reminded me of the little flower holders we would make on May Day to hang on peoples doors. I will be thinking of it today and might come up with an idea for a title. It's very nice.
And thanks for plugging my giveaway.
Oh, here you go: Tussie Mussie, another name for nosegay.

Nancy said...

How cute is that!! My first thought was "Twist and Shout". LOL
Not sure why... Maybe I have "orange" hangover...

Needled Mom said...

That must have been a fun project to do. I love fabric manipulation.

andsewon said...

That is a lovely piece Pat!! How about 'Manipulating Pat' or Pat's Manipulations'...ha!!

Barb said...

I love it, but it looks complicated. No name suggestions, sorry...but it is pretty to look at.

Carla said...

My what pretty colors! Pretty block too!

71square said...

That is a very pretty little quilt! How neat! Reminds me of a cross.

Kim

Myra said...

I think just calling Tucks and Twists is suitable... 8-)
Have fun at the quilt show!
Happy stitchings!

Sara said...

Name: Pleats Galore!

Pretty little thing...

Anonymous said...

Okay, now I have to point out that my brain doesn't always work in normal ways. I often don't name my quilts, but when a name for one suggests itself, I go with it. Hence the reason why I have a quilt called "If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes." Anyhow, the name that suggested itself to me for your very pretty and cheerful little quilt is "Nip and Tuck." Do with that what you will ;-)