Monday, February 9, 2009

It's nice to have a handyman.......




So...there I was, once again, at the window tracing shapes for applique. I mentioned to the hubby that I was having trouble finding an inexpensive light box. He said he'd make one...and he DID!!! He went to Michael's (craft shop) and got one of those plastic boxes with a hinged lid that is intended to hold 12 x 12 inch pieces of scrapbook paper. He got the other supplies he needed at a small hardware store nearby. The cord stores in the box when it is not in use and so does the piece of plexi-glass that I put on the top (although it can be used with just the box lid and no plexiglass, too). WOW...life is easier now as I can trace shapes at night, too, and not just in the daytime on the window!!! Thanks, Handyman Hubby! OH...and yesterday it got up to a little over 70 degrees in the afternoon and we had a wonderful day on the boardwalk. I'll get some photos ready to post in a day or two, because I think many of us need to be reminded that winter won't be here forever! LOL

13 comments:

Kaye said...

way to go! Tell DH to make them and I bet you could sell them at the Guild

Gene Black said...

are the little white thingies golf tees? and what is the purpose? To support the plexi so it doesn't sag?

I am full of questions. you wouldn't think that I have a huge light box. It is 22" by 30" and was made by a friend's brother.

Qubie said...

Kaye, is right, I think you could sell them. It's a great idea.

Rhonda said...

Great job Pat's hubby. Light boxes are very expensive and so small. Hubby gets to thumbs up!

quiltingnana said...

tell hubby that he gets a yahoo from me

LINDA BYLSMA said...

It's so nice to have a man around the house! That is truly inspired. What a guy!

Michelle said...

Very cool...what a great hubby you have!

Barb said...

He really must love you!!! You are one lucky woman to have a light box and a handy man husband.

Sara said...

Is your hubby in the Rent-A-Hubby program? I sure could use a handy man around the house...especially if it meant a cool light box like that...

Rachel said...

Genius! I use a flashlight under my Diamond quilting table. Works okay.

And stop with the weather reports, would ya. I'm getting so jealous. haha. Our forecast calls for -20 celsius on Friday. Brrrr.

Sharon said...

What a neat idea! I have one of those handy men myself. Wouldn't trade him for anything ;)

Have a blessed evening,
Sharon

Needled Mom said...

What a fabulous idea....so creative!

Anonymous said...

Gee, I've been hoping my handy hubby would make me something like this too! Yours did a wonderful job. . . .

Amy, in South Lyon, MI