In plenty of time for Easter, I finished this bunny penny rug. It is from a pattern designed and sold by Sandi (Legacy of Stitches). The bunny's collar and tail are from alpaca wool sent to me by my fun, online friend, Linda (Fiber Fabrications). Isn't it cute? I just love it and it's done in plenty of time for Easter!!! Click photo to enlarge.I also got a nice surprise in the mail from Gene, an Alabama artist (click HERE for his blog). He knows I like penguins and sent me a piece of penguin fabric that I was AMAZED I didn't already have (and had never seen). I have quite an extensive collection, so this is no small feat to accomplish this. Along with this surprise of fabric, Gene included 3 of his really nice artist trading cards, which I'm thrilled to have as I don't own much original artwork. Thanks, Gene....this was very sweet of you! (Package contents pictured below.)
Tomorrow I will be going to the quilt show and will be away from the computer the entire day. I have a blog post, though, that will show up (pictures from a recent daytrip). Then...check back here Friday for the details on how to enter my 100th post giveaway and to learn about the prize.
11 comments:
Pat have loads of fun at the show.
Your bunny came out cute.
you are really getting great at those penny rug patterns and what a nice surprise from Glenn
oops I mean Gene
Pat, I tried to post once and got an error message, will try again. I am impressed with your perfect buttonhole stitches -- are you using regular floss? Also, the alpaca wool, does that take a special kind of stitch to attach?
Is this really a rug (how big?), and does the word "penny" have a particular significance? Sorry so many questions -- enjoy the quilt show!
What beautiful and percise little stitches in your penny rug. It is also adorable.
Nice gift from Gene. I know you will find a great use for the penguin fabric.
Have fun at the show.
How cute, I love the bunny. Have a safe trip and fun at the show.
I love the bunny....you sure work those up fast. That is awesome about your package in the mail....lots of awesome people out there.
Have fun at the quilt show...wish I could go....
Love the penny rug...it turned out lovely. Your stitches are so even - I can't believe how well you do that.
Love the penquin fabric - so cool!
You have almost all the holidays covered with penny rugs/mats now! Good for you Pat! They are really cute and know you're having fun making them. When I quit running in circles I'm going to have to dig out my wool.
Great work, Pat. I want to learn that, too. :)
I am so tickled that you like the fabric and even more so that you like the artist trading cards.
Did you know that "penny rugs" get the name because pennies and other coins were used as templates to cut out the circles? I confess that I have used pennies when I needed a perfect circle on a design!
Post a Comment