Thursday, February 26, 2009

While I am at the MidAtlantic Quilt Festival today....

I am posting some photos from the little Valentine's Day outing hubby and I had in Lewes, Delaware...a town about 10 miles from us (where we go to church). This is a charming town and there is a lot of history here and some wonderful old buildings...many of which are still used as private residences. Here is a link to some other photos about the town in case you wish to look at more. I know there are other links, but this is the one I found right now for you. So...while I'm at the quilt show today, enjoy the photos (you should be able to click on them to see them enlarged).....AND......come back tomorrow to find out how to register for my 100th post giveaway and to see a photo of the giveaway prize!

A home that has been standing for many years...
An interesting doorway on a home....

8 comments:

Kaye said...

Pat, you missed your calling, you should be working for the area promoting tourism, whatever you write about is always so interesting. I always enjoy the ones you do for Tunnels papers. You write and take pictures and Gary can also help with the pictures!! Sounds like a deal to me.

Linda said...

Great pictures! Love the interesting doorway! Did you walk the cemetary? We used to do grave rubbings as kids, I have even taken my kids to do it. Grave rubbings is where you put paper over the headstone and rub the paper with charcol pencil or regular pencil. The houses are just too cute. Cedar shingles are something we don't see around here (vt) anymore.
Linda

Barb said...

I did enjoy your photos....hope you are having a good time.

Nanette Merrill said...

I love old homes and old churches. The history about them are wonderful. You don't see a lot of history that old in Utah much.

Sara said...

I love those houses and buildings. I just may have to come an visit you so I can see this great little town...

Hope you are having fun...

Mary Anne Drury said...

I just LOVE quaint little towns like Lewes!!!

Gretchen said...

Thanks for sharing these great photos. Now I want to visit!!! I love old houses and historic places.

Val said...

I think I need to live here!!! I just love the homes, the history and the setting. You are blessed to live by the sea IMO. Water feeds my soul and we are also lucky to be surrounded by water in in the PNW. I hope someday to have the time and money to take a long trip to your little part of the world. Thanks for sharing the photos.