Wednesday, February 4, 2009

This was fun......


Gyleen Fitzgerald, a well-known quilter who gives great lectures and teaches wonderful classes, extended an invitation some time back for people to be a part of a cute little teeny-tiny book she was doing....called "In This House". I chose to take part in this along with two other gals from our local quilt guild. She provided us with a pattern that we paper-pieced using our own fabrics. We submitted the completed piece to her and it became part of a really adorable little book. You can read more about the book by clicking here. (If you use a magnifying glass to read the list of the "artists" on that webpage, you can even see my name...I believe I am the 9th one on the list.) It was fun to participate and SO exciting the day I received my copy from Gyleen. If you want to buy one, they are still available for sale from her website. (I get no royalties from this...I just know it's a cute little book for a gift for a quilty friend or yourself.) The photo below shows you it truly is a cute, TINY book...only about 3 inches high and wide......and that is a cute little tiny key hanging off the ribbon bookmark.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is lovely, congratulations on being published!

Nancy said...

Oh how wonderful!! What a great honor to be published in a book...

I'll be able to tell everyone "I knew her when"...

Mary Anne Drury said...

YAY YOU !!! How exciting !!! and what a cute book!

Val said...

That is so darn cute!! YAY for you to get published in it and having a copy will be such a great little reminder of how fun it is to be part of the quilting community all over the world.

Barb said...

How fun for you!!! that is totally awesome....

and...you are right...I am trying not to over think his leaving...thanks for the advice..

Sara said...

You are published!!!!! YES - that counts...

Looks like a lovely little book - may just have to put that on my wish list.

Myra said...

Very cute and creative fun!

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

How did I miss this post?!! What a darling little book and you are published in it. How very cool!! And I was just at Barnes & Noble today and could have looked to see if they carry it. I'll be sure to check it out next time I go grocery shopping. Congratulations!!!

Betsy said...

what a lovely idea. does the book include the patterns?