
Yesterday I showed you some fabric squares for the signature block swap I'm in for Linda B's birthday quilt. I almost has a big OOPS. I hadn't realized that I'd not seen all the directions for the swap as I missed a few posts when Jessi was here. Luckily, I know Kaye (in the swap) and she called that to my attention or my top and bottom rows would have been done incorrectly. Then I had to go and search out some fabrics to coordinate with the ones I showed yesterday. Our blocks are simple.......3 colored squares in the top row......a muslin strip (for our signatures in the middle row.....and 3 colored squares in the bottom row...so it's sort of a 9-patch, except the second row is a strip and not 3 squares. This photo shows 16 block rows I did last night. (There are two of each of the 8 combinations shown here.) If you click to enlarge the photo, you will see that some are "sedate" (maybe even boring?? LOL) and a few are quite "colorful" (maybe even loudly bright?) I'm having fun doing them, though, and hopefully the folks who someday get them (at the end of the swap) will be happy with them. I just have 4 more sets to make and my rows of squares for all 12 blocks will be completed. I am still looking through my stash for fabrics to match the remaining squares I showed yesterday and hope to get that done today.
17 comments:
Pretty!
That Dark blue at the top is identical to a red fabric I have. I think I should use some of it in my blocks and maybe Linda will match them in a set for one person!
You are so ambitious - I am a great procrastinator - I better get busy- 4 months will just fly by on me!! LOL
Love your fabric choices.
they look great!!!!!!!!!
great combinations Pat.
LOL, I'm so easily confused, I'm thinking "but where's the muslin strip" but after enlarging the picture I realize these are just the color strips. I love the swirly green fabric.
Crispy
Nice layout, Pat. The requirement to add some will definitely make it "your own"!
Good job, Pat. I like the variety of colors. I'll have to show mine, too. I've got enough for 8 done so far. The signature portion will be what keeps us busy.
It's looking good and I'm glad you got it figured out before you got too far along with the project.
Very pretty .. TTFN ~Marydon
Colors and fabric are great....I like the loud and colorful....
I love the colors you have chosen...can't wait to see a finished block.
I have to tell you - I am so confused with the swap I'm about to pull my hair out...
But, I like your colors...
Love your colors!
this sounds like an interesting project. Can't wait to see the blocks finished with the signature row. Great idea!
Very nice colors..I await more on the blocks..Looks like fun.
Pat
Nice fabrics...It will be nice to see how they all look together.
Peggy
Post a Comment