It was a nice holiday weekend for us...a mixture of fun times and relaxation. I already blogged about our time at the art show. That night, we went with some friends to sit on a pontoon boat one of them owns so we could watch the fireworks over the bay. We stayed tied to the dock...too many "drinkers" out on the water to take the boat out safely. We had snacks and drinks before it got dark and the fireworks started. Here are some photos of us. One of the guys is partially hidden in the photo.....guess he didn't pay attention when we said, "Look at the camera, Everybody!" You should be able to click on all the photos to enlarge them, if you wish.

This next one shows the guy who owns the boat as he was taking a picture of the rest of us with his cell phone camera.

This shows some of the geese that were floating by us while we were on the boat. We counted and there were 53 of them....quite a large group. Guess they were partying for the 4th, too.

Then...last night, we went to a nearby park for their Sunday night concert which was featuring a small Army Band from a reserve unit in northern Delaware. It looked like the concert would be rained out, but it wasn't. It was very fitting to end the holiday weekend with all that patriotic music.

I did manage to get a little bit of sewing done a couple of days back. Remember the "beachy divas" fabric I got at the local quilt shop's recent anniversary sale? I decided the idea of a quilted bag was perfect for that....so I took two of the "gals" from the fabric and used one on each side of the bag. I think it will even be fun to take this bag to the grocery store....might put a smile on the cashier's face as she looks at the beachy gals instead of the usual boring, store-logo bags seen all day long there! I used it on the boat on Saturday night and also last night at the concert and got a couple of cute comments about it. Here are two photos of that bag.....one of each side....it holds a nice amount of "stuff"!

20 comments:
Looks like you had a fun weekend too!
Love your tote bag, that fabric is fun!
Tango
Sounds like a great weekend Pat.
great weekend Pat and such a cute bag.
What fun to sit on a boat and watch the fireworks!!! I stood in the paddock in my jammies watching and making sure the horses didn't flip out!!! LOL
Love the tote bag!!!
What a great way to watch the fireworks!! You had such a wonderful weekend....love the bag!!
Crispy
Very cute bags, Pat!
It looks like you all had a good time. We went over to some friends for the evening to celibrate maybe not the 4th July but every night in Ireland is like a celebration!!
Obviously your weekend was warm & wonderful. Glad you had such a lovely celebration ... TTFN ~Marydon
great job on the bag
Love the bag! Now you can tour the boardwalk with panache!
I love the bag. You gave me an idea! A neighbor was throwing away an old double wedding ring quilt (a really cheap one) but I thought it would make excellent tote bags. I think I will take your hint and make up some to give for Christmas out of the good places in the quilt! Thanks!
Too bad you didn't get out on the water. But it looks like a nice time was had by all, anyway.
Love the bag. I think using it at the grocery store is a great idea! That will give the cashier a chuckle for sure.
It was actually chilly and rainy here also but we sat through the fireworks and they were beautiful.
I adore the bag! Multi-purpose and too cute!
Looks like a great time! Very cute bag, I love the beachy divas! Too cute.
Sounds like we both had a wonderful weekend...it is so nice though to have the holiday over...
Love the tote bag. Glad you had a great weekend.
I think you achieved more sewing time than I did Pat-too many males on the house,LOL!They are always hungry & they make a big mess!
A great weekend Pat and such a cute bag.
Julia ♥
Great looking bunch, fun weekend from the looks of it!
HI Pat,
Looks like you had a fabulous 4th of July- What a fun bag that you made- love the panels. I just bought a set of panels from Sew Sisters shop in Toronto( on line) that will work nicely with some blocks that I was given for my 50th birthday a couple of years ago. I hadn't decided what to do with them and was looking for something to put with the quilt blocks to turn them into a quilt. The quilt blocks were made by some quilty friends and are very special to me. I hope to get to them this summer but we shall see- they are part of a list of projects that I would like to get finished.
Happy Quilting,
Regards,
Anna
Post a Comment