Click
HERE to go to a nice giveaway by "sewmeow" on her blog. She is going to add another item each day for 18 days because it's her birthday. Pretty nice of her, huh?I know I said I'd show some completed sewing but...instead...I'm going to show a couple of photos of blueberry picking. I went yesterday to a pick-your-own blueberry farm (Blueberry Lane) nearby with my good friend, Linda. (We now quilt together but we were friends long before we became quilters and now we are neighbors, too...which is terrific.) We have gone blueberry picking now for a few summers and enjoy it. However, this year with the lack of sunshine for several weeks, the pickings were pretty slim. If the weather stays sunny, it should improve a good bit as there are a lot of berries...just not that many ripe yet. This is the hardest we have had to work to get berries in all the times we've gone there! You can see in this photo that it was a beautiful morning but if you click on the photo and look closely, you can see many more UNRIPE blueberries than ripe ones!

Next you can see that I peeked through the bushes to get a picture of Linda hard at work trying to fill her bucket with blueberries.

And.....here is a photo of my berries back at home. I freeze some for use during the year and we also eat some right away......YUMMY!!! I always say I'll use the ones I don't freeze in some recipe, but we usually eat them too quickly. Click on the picture to see how nice they look!
13 comments:
Thamks for the link Pat. I have been wanting to pick berries with my grandaughter while she is here.
and what will you be maiking with all those?
Yes I can understand just eating them, nothing better than fresh off the bush blueberries. Mom would send us out to pick Huckleberries when we were kids, I never have had Huckleberry pie LOL.
Crispy
Love blueberries - have to start growing them here!!!
ummmmmmm, ummmm, good
oh yum, I'm thinking of a blueberry cheesecake. yum yum
Yummmm.....I can almost taste them now.
ooo, we love fresh blueberries. They are always such a special treat. Looks like you had a fun time picking them.
We enjoy picking fresh blueberries ... yum ... have a wonderful 4th. TTFN ~Marydon
Pat,
My gran and I would go picking Saskatoons- they are sort of like blueberries but with a more distinct flavor. I have many wonderful memories of picking berries with her- She would hold the barb wire fence open for me to crawl through- She was tall and long legged and I have tree trunk legs so we must have made quite a picture. She had lots of berries on her farmland- there were wild strawberries, saskatoons and chokecherries. She also had raspberries and strawberries in her garden. Every lunch and dinner ended with a bowl of fresh berries and cream--- Yummy-it makes my mouth just water thinking about it..
Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
Regards,
Anna
Yummmmmmm
I just bought some blueberries at the grocery store...think I'll make pancakes tomorrow...
Mmmmm... blueberries. I never used to like them but over the last couple of years I've grown to love them - I just eat them by the handful.
I'm headed over to visit 'sewmeow'. I think that's such a wonderful name ☺
As a teenager, my friends and I tried picking blueberries for money at a farm about 7 miles away. By the third day, we were getting in trouble so much, the row boss had separated us all and assigned us the worst rows. We finally quit and collected our wages. I had earned $5.46. We walked home, stopping at the Dairy Queen near our homes, and spent our wages on food, we were so exhausted. I stuck to babysitting after that.
Post a Comment