For all you lovers of things vintage....check out a great giveaway for a wonderful batch of goodies. Click HERE for the information! Dishtowels...threads....AND your choice of 4 wonderful days-of-the-week patterns to make your very own set of dishtowels!
AND...thanks to my blogging friend, Tonya, I got my West Virginia visitor to the blog, so I will soon remove the individual state counter from the sidebar. What fun to get all 50 states accounted for in a little under 2 weeks! Thanks to all of you.
Today my mother would have been 84 years old. She died nearly 20 years ago, though....at the too-young age of 64. Her grandkids were still young and she never saw any of them grow up and graduate and get married and start their own families. I hope she has looked down and been happy and proud at least a few times in the 20 years since she's been gone. Sometimes it seems like less than 20 years since she died.....and other times, it seems so long ago that she is a very distant memory in my mind.
14 comments:
Oh my gosh Pat, today is my mother's birthday as well. She's 55 today. We made her chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing and each of them have 5 hershey kisses on them. So cute, and I'd say very good. We haven't tried them yet. I wished I could share them with you.
Hi Pat,
No matter how many years have past, the hurt is always there some where deep inside. My mom past away just 2 years ago after living with us for 3 years. My girls always miss her, but Courtney really felt it on her graduation day. Like you said...they're looking down not to miss anything.
You're in my thoughts today,
~Karen~
I truly believe that there is something after we pass and I know that your mom is still watching you.
Crispy
Yes, 64 is way too young to leave. I know that you have many wonderful memories to pass on to the children who never had a chance to know her.
Isn't it amazing how the time feels- like yesterday, and forever at the same time? My dad was way too young when passed away almost 8 years ago, and I was pregnant with my daughter. I agree those that have passed on are still with us somehow.
So sad! I like to think that the people we love never really leave us though. I've not lost a parent but have lost grandparents. I too like to think they are looking down proud!
I know how you feel about losing your mother too young. My mother died over 30 years ago. She was in her mid-70s, but I was only 37 and missed her dreadfully. Sometimes, even now, I dream about her.
I plan to be around until I'm 90, to bug my kids! LOL
Yup! No matter how much time passes, when thinking of a past loved one, it can often seem like you lost them just yesterday, and when you look at your children you realize that it was quite a long while ago... 8-)
I am sure you mother would be proud of all she has missed...
I hope you will have a nice day dispite it being your moms birthday. I did see that giveaway, but I am not a stitcher...I am horrible at it. thanks.
Pat,
My grandmother has been gone since the fall of 2003 but it feels like yesterday. She was a great supporter in my life and I miss her wisdom and unconditional love. I feel blessed that I had her for 46 years of my life. When you lose a loved one there is a space that can not be filled - Perhaps its because we remember the gifts that they brought to one's lives. By remembering, we celebrate the love we shared with those that are important in our lives.
I hope that your memories bring you comfort and help you remember the good times spent with your mom.
Warmest regards,
Anna
Boy do I knon how your feel my fater daied last fathers day and this was the longest year I ever remember having. I do know in my heart hes watching us and saying he loves us all. So I know your mom is doing the same.
No matter when they depart us...they are always with us..this I truly believe.
I hope you get all your visitors really soon. Tonight I have to load my pics of Lori! yayy
Congratulations...I should try that just to see who all stops by. I have a counter, but it doesn't give that much info. I find out more people are stopping by than I know about as they don't leave comments.
Post a Comment