First the giveaway......Kim at Bitty Bits and Pieces is having a very nice bag giveaway. Her work is top-quality, so you may want to click on the link and visit there to see if you can be the lucky winner!!! If you feel so inclined, tell her I sent you. She has a very nice blog, so if you've not read it yet, you may want to become a follower there.And now a fabric report. Yesterday I went to my favorite quilt shop, Serendipity, with my buddy, Kaye. We both made purchases that made us very happy. Kaye got a really cute purse pattern (The Two-Hour Tulip Purse Pattern by Janice Pope) and fabric to make it. She also got the first two BOM kits for a butterfly quilt that the shop is doing right now. I added to my batik collection with the 13 fat quarters pictured below. I then cut the fat quarters and started sewing some sections for the blocks of the quilt I talked about the other day here.....the one I will make with my batiks. It's an easy quilt to assemble....the most difficult part will be juggling around the blocks until I'm happy with the color arrangement since I'm making it such a multi-colored quilt to feature my entire batik collection.
12 comments:
Ooooo yummy fabrics Pat. Batiks are so much fun to shop for. I look forward to seeing your quilt.
Crispy
Pat great fabrics. I love batiks. Thanks to the link to Kims blog.
That's going to be one bright, colorful quilt. Can hardly wait to see what you are planning.
Cool you quilt is gonna be beautiful!!
Thanks for the link to the giveaway!
Lovely batiks!
There is a new addition at Doug's house!
The colors and patterns are gorgeous again...I need to take you shopping with me!.... Thanks, checking out Kim's Blog too...
Thanks Pat for the shout out. I love the fabrics you bought and look forward to seeing what you're going to make with them. Very pretty colors.
I just love the batiks...so glad you have a friend to pal around with....lucky you...
Yummy batiks! I love them...oh, that quilt will be awesome...
Glad you had fun...shopping for fabric is always fun!!!
Your batiks are beautiful. I found a fabric store today and bought two batiks. One will be the binding on Alabama Escargot and the other is just because. I will be picturing them on the blog next post.
Batiks are so versatile! Stampin' Quilter Barb and I have been collecting them recently as well. We are using them in our scenic applique projects. Can't wait to see what you do with them!
Post a Comment