Tuesday, May 26, 2009

More scrap storage.........

Some of you may recall this basket (with a lid) I showed recently that contains LOTS of fabric strips......

Well....on Saturday when I went to yard sales with two gals, I found another basket with a lid that can now be a buddy to the basket above! This one is a tiny bit shorter and a different shape, but I like it a lot and I thought $4 was more than a fair price since it's in very good shape. I love when I find things like this at yard sales. (And as you might suspect...I will not have any trouble filling it with fabric scraps!!!)

21 comments:

Betsy said...

what a great deal Pat. I have a very similar one but it is much taller. and never seems to get empty at all.

LINDA BYLSMA said...

$4!! Great deal, and so necessary! Hope you fill it fast!
BTW, I have found if I flatten out and fold the scraps, they all fit in a little drawer! But, it's finding the time to do that, and then the next project requires digging through and you've upset the entire organization again. But isn't it all such fun?

Crispy said...

I love your solution to the over flowing basket and the price was perfect LOL.

Crispy

ooglebloops said...

That's a nice one!! But are ya' sure it's gonna be big enough??? :>)

rachel griffith said...

holy moly that's alot of scraps!!!
{but a great bargain on that little basket.}

i SO hope you get your package today.
{so i can stop worrying about it.}

Anonymous said...

My scraps need a basket like that (the smaller one) too. Great idea!

quiltingnana said...

my scraps are growing faster than my flowers!!!

Danielle said...

Great way to store your scraps- boy there must be a LOT in that big one :-) I can imagine what fun it is to dump them out and play with them, almost like a pile of leaves when we were little!

The Other Barb said...

I can see more scrappy quilts in the making ! I still only have a little box on my cutting table. Do you just pull from the top or do you dump the basket & look through for certain pieces? There must be some neat treasures at the bottom :)

Unknown said...

We could always throw some scraps out ! Ha ha only joking !

Karen said...

Nice scrap storage. I'd love to dig through your baskets any time.

andsewon said...

Great deal on the basket Pat.
WOW.. you have some scraps!! Nice looking way to store them. I do not seem to have near the scraps I used to have. Think my strip cutting has maybe improved or my projects now just do not produce them as much as before. I always save them for a gal near me that hand pieces and quilts her quilts and does love scraps even tiny ones!

So when will you begin a big scrappy quilt???

Barb said...

What a great find. I sure wish I could go garage selling. We were going to go one Saturday in Texas but it rained...oh well...

Sara said...

Now that is a great idea for storing scraps...I like that - you always have such great ideas.

Rachel said...

Very nice, but funny too. Most of us would be complaining about having too many scraps, but not you - you go out and buy another basket to store them. Great!

Julia said...

Great baskets Pat..
Now you need to make some scrap quilts to use up some of those scraps..
Julia ♥

Gari in AL said...

Isn't the idea to use up the scraps rather than to buy more storage for them? LOL

Busy Little Quilter said...

The baskets are a great idea. I would have to have about 10 of them, and I'm not exaggerating!

Unknown said...

wow at the scraps. I'd love to get my hands on that......

quiltmom anna said...

Nice baskets Pat- I can relate to pails of scraps as well as flat drawers of scraps- some how the scraps do multiply- Great find- Have a great time making quilts from your scraps.
Regards,
Anna

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Oh your scrap bins are pretty! Lol* I keep mine in an old clear comfortor bag and a few of those rubbermaid bins. Love those yard sales though!