First of all, today we are going to meet up with our daughter in northern Delaware to get our granddaughter for 5 days. Jessi is 4 (will be 5 on June 1). She has been counting down the days until her visit and helped clean her room yesterday AND do her laundry in preparation for her trip. It's nice when they are still young enough to look forward to seeing the grandparents, isn't it? She will come back once more during the summer when it's "swimming weather". We have a lot of fun when she is here and I know we burn extra calories, too, as we get VERY tired!!!
The picture above is of a cute pincushion I made for a gift. I had a pattern for it and made it from wool felt. I hope the recipient will like it...I might make more for a few other gifts, too. I finished it yesterday as I know I won't have much sewing time with Jessi here. (My sewing room is her bedroom when she visits and, also, I like to spend as much time as possible doing things with her since we don't see her that often.)Last night I was a bit "bummed out". We had been invited to a garden party at the home of a friend. He had as a guest at his home Ted Keegan who was one of the leads in Phantom of the Opera on Broadway and he was going to sing at the garden party. I had really been looking forward to going to this as it's not often the chance presents itself to meet someone so talented in that kind of a small setting. BUT....my sore ribs were really quite bad by late in the day yesterday and there was no way I'd have been able to go stand around outside (in the damp air) for a couple of hours without being in some serious pain. So I had to cancel going at the last minute...tried to convince hubby to go alone and report back to me, but he didn't want to do that. I was sad about this. HOWEVER, I consoled myself by sitting for a short time on the screen porch on the glider and listening to the windchimes and the crickets and thinking about getting Jessi today and the fun I'll have with her here until Thursday.
I will try to post each day Jessi is here with pictures of her and tales of our activities, but I may not be able to read blogs as faithfully as I usually do or reply to comments here, but I know you all understand.....just don't want you worrying if you have no comments from me for a few days. Blogging friends are the BEST, aren't they? It seems like we really understand each other!
15 comments:
Pat I do hope you feel better. Pain in the ribs sounds very painful. I am looking forward to seeing what you do with Jessie so I can get some ideas doe when Lilybug visits us in a few weeks.
Have fun.
Love the pin cushion and it's GREEN. I know you and Jessie will have a ball. Don't over do it though.
Love that pin cushion- you should join the pin cushion swap !!!!Too bad Ted couldn't do a command performance at your house!!!!Hope you feel better.
The pin cushion is great!
I am so sorry you were in pain and couldn't go to the party. I would have loved to read all about it. I have loved music as long as I can remember.
Have a great time with Jessie and don't wear yourself out.
Love the pincushion! I have made only one from wool felt, and I use it everyday. I'm sure this one will get lots of use too.
I can just feel your disappointment. But, Jessi is comming! I hope we get to see more of her ventures into quilting.
Enjoy your time with Jessi!
How wonderful your grand-daughter is excited about her trip to Grandma's... And getting herself all ready to go!
Great little pincushion! Love the sewing machine! 8-)
Enjoy your time with the little one... and don't you worry about blogging or keeping up with us. We'll all still be here...
Oh Pat, I'm so sorry you missed your garden party. I know how much you were looking forward to that event and to meeting Ted Keegan. What a disappointment. I certainly hope your visit from Jessi will make up for it and that you have a wonderful time with her. Four year olds are so much fun - and so easy to entertain! My daughter was an absolute joy when she was four. Sigh.
Oh, and that pincushion is beautiful. Woolly projects are so neat. I've never done one, but I love the old-fashioned look of them. ☺
Oh, I am so sorry that you had to miss the garden party. Pincushion is adorable...
Have a ton of fun with Jessi - and we'll all be here when you get done playing...
Have fun with Jessi: 4-5 year olds can be so carefree. But don't tire yourself too much, we will need you back here when the week is over.
Oh so sorry you missed the free concert, maybe there will be an encore at a later date.
Have tons of fun with Jessi but don't over do it. Jessi is old enough to know that gramma has an owie and can't lift her.
Crispy
Pat, Cute woolfelt pincushion!! Oh, I surely feel bad that you had to miss that Garden Party. Just the sound of it makes me wish I could have taken your place! I know you are having fun with Jessi and I know from experience how tiring it is but also such a blessin to spend time with grandkids.
Love the sewing machine in wool. So so cute.
Post a Comment