Thursday, May 28, 2009

Next "neighborhood" project.....


Our little neighborhood group (5 of us) met today and each worked on our own project. We will meet again in 2 weeks and I am trying to decide on a project. Prior to Christmas, I made this skinny wall-hanging (by PatchAbilities)...measures about 6 inches by 20 inches. I love it and they have a whole line of skinny patterns....and I have bought several of them.

The pictures below are the other PatchAbilities patterns I have and I will choose one of them for my next project when the neighborhood group meets. They go rather quickly and they really are charming. If I can get enough of a variety of tan fabrics to suit my taste, I think I will go for the sand castle one. Second choice would be the lighthouse....and third the flag. I'm not as crazy about the watermelon one or the birdhouse one. (BUT...notice I bought them all anyway. *sigh*) You can see on the pattern covers that this company has a lot of adorable hangers for these mini's, too.




Color is really "off" on the photo of the watermelon slices (complete with ANTS) below.

23 comments:

Betsy said...

Pat they are simply adorable!

Crispy said...

Love the Sand Castle and Lighthouse, flag is ok watermelon, not so much but then I don't like watermelon. The bird house is cute but I would loose the life preserver...all IMHO LOL. Oh I like the tree one too.

Crispy

Judy D in WA said...

Cute wallhanging! During last fall's retreat, a gal made that one as a greedy gift and boy was it fought over! I have the book and need to get it out and make a few of them. They are adorable.

Anonymous said...

Very cute!

Danielle said...

Very cute, I love the sandcastle one, too!

quiltingnana said...

those are all such cute patterns!!!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

All are cute - especially the sandcastle!!

Barb said...

oh my goodness, Pat, I love them all.......you are so good at making them.

andsewon said...

I like them all such a cute idea!
Yes the Sandcastle will be so neat for your beachy home...light house too.
I adore water melon...I do have some watermelon coasters and I think some swap UFO blocks too...humm need to dig them out ASAP!
Sounds like a fun day!

Sara said...

Those are cute wall hangings!!! I really like them...The sand castle looks complicated.

The Other Barb said...

I like the idea of "skinny quilts". The lighthouse & sandcastle are my favorites.

Quilter Going Bananas said...

I too vote for the sandcastle and lighthouse as my favourties!

House of Mouse said...

Love the bird house one....I would love to do that one.

Anett

paront1222@comcast.net said...

Hi Pat,
I made 2 of those trees as birthday present for friends and 2 of the flags. They go together so quickly don't they? Mine are from a book and the lighthouse and sandcastle are not in the book. Where can those patterns be found?
Peggy in NJ

Rachel said...

Those wall hangings are so cute! I love the lighthouse (of course) and the sand castle - but they're all nice.

Nanette Merrill said...

Lovely! Such fun projects.

Wendy said...

Pat...very cute...I love all of them...I have not seen these patterns before....I will be waiting to see which one you do next...

Michelle said...

I vote for the flag one to make next. :) If you saw my house, you'd know why...

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Pat, I can see why you bought them all, I really like the sand castle and the birdhouse. Cute for the summer time.
Keep Stitchen'
Bonnie
I'll be watching to see which one you make.

Unknown said...

I like the lighthouse. My mother in law collects lighthouse stuff.

Amy R said...

I really like the lighthouse. I may just have to look into finding the pattern as my sister in law who lives near you would probably love it!

limpingalong said...

I love the long, skinny tree! Wonder, though, how it would look with a larger star. With it leaning the way it does, if the star was larger it would look as if the weight of the star was pulling it over. You might even let the star extend over the edge, if you are clever enough to do that.

Myra said...

Boy do I have some catching up to do!!! Go away for a few days and you fall very far behind... 8-)

Love these pattern Pat! That sandcastle and lighthouse are awesome! I like the birdhouse too! 8-)