Friday, May 8, 2009

Rain...rain...go AWAY......

Before I talk about the weather.......I want to give information about two patterns for those of you who have inquired. The Quilt Diva I showed the other day is made from an Amy Bradley pattern called "Quilt Diva". The paper-pieced birds that seem to be flying around my blog lately were all made from patterns in a book by Jodie Davis called "Backyard Bird Quilts". If you want more information and Google them, they are readily located. I'm sorry I neglected to provide that information earlier, but I was too lazy to get up and look at the names when I was writing those blog posts!!! LOL

Okay....now for the weather. We have had day after day of rain....not non-stop rain each day but clouds and enough rain that I am quite certain there will be no water shortages this summer. We will get more rain during the night tonight....more tomorrow and more the next day. They are telling us that Sunday should bring nice weather. We shall see. Many of the flowering bushes are taking a beating and their flowers are being pummeled to the ground by the hard rains. Today there was a brief respite from the rain and a little bit of actual sunshine, so I grabbed the camera and ran out to take a few photos before the rain knocks all the flowers off the bushes and plants. I thought you might enjoy seeing some of them. They should all be clickable to look at them enlarged and you can even see bees doing their magic in one of the photos.

16 comments:

M. Regina said...

Hello, Beautiful flowers. The first you post I think we don't have in Brazil. I don't know it. Hugs

Betsy said...

Pat your plants are beautiful for just starting Spring there. I can't believe your clematis is already so big. I had to relocate mine because it needed more sun and I do not think it survived.
What is the orange flower? I think it is the 2nd picture.

rachel griffith said...

great flora.

Unknown said...

that same rain must of hit me first and heading your way. however, I don't mind the rain, i love rainy days and do not care for the summer at all......

quiltingnana said...

yeah tired of the rain...isn't it wonderful to have some sun today...your flowers look great

Kathy said...

Your bushes and flowers are lovely! Your lilies are way ahead of mine. I also have one clematis in bloom. It's a white one, not very exciting, but looks nice on the back fence. Spring in the garden is just wonderful!

Kathy said...

Your bushes and flowers are lovely! Your lilies are way ahead of mine. I also have one clematis in bloom. It's a white one, not very exciting, but looks nice on the back fence. Spring in the garden is just wonderful!

Della said...

Thanks for the pattern information. Your flowers are way ahead of mine...strange. We would be in the same zone and we have similar weather. I'm just jealous. LOL Hugs

Needled Mom said...

Beautiful!

Barb said...

Just love the flowers.
I was looking for that Texas quilt pattern and came up on the "Quilt Diva", if anyone wants, they can just type in Texas quilt pattern and the first site is the one with the quilt diva on it.

Danielle said...

Beautiful flowers, all that rain from Mother nature has them looking lush!

andsewon said...

Hope you are Pat..I turned the one last night away from you... haaaaaaaaaa!
Sorry more to come later today and I may not be able to work my magic this time...;-(
Pretties all of them!
We too have them but rain is playing heck with them.
May try pics later to post, if I can, tomorrow.

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Sorry you are getting so much rain, Pat, but glad it stopped long enough for you to take these gorgeous photos. I love that flower in the first pic. What is it? I think I see a woolfelt project inspired by that one. :-)

The Other Barb said...

Beautiful flower pictures. I have a few azaleas & dogwoods blooming. Think I'll go out & take some pictures before the next rain too. You've inspired me :)

Unknown said...

What lovely photos .

Crispy said...

Oooo pretty flowers. I wanted to take pictures of the flowers blooming in Seattle but every time the weather cleared, we were off and running to someplace. It was so wonderful to be out there while the flowers were all at their peak. It's a site I miss the most, being away from home.

Crispy