Friday, May 1, 2009

The SHOCKING tale of a temporary blogless friend......


Many of you who read my blog have also been readers of a blog called FabricNFiber Fanatic......penned by Sara in New Hampshire. Well....since a couple of days ago, she has been blogless but NOT by choice. It seems that earlier this week, she posted about a giveaway on her blog (which many of us do). Within that post, she provided links to many of the people involved in the giveaway (another thing which many of us do). HOWEVER....unlike what has happened to any of us (or at least not to me...who has often posted MANY links on my blog), Sara's blog was removed from the internet by Blogger as they thought her blog might be a SPAMMING blog since it had all those links in it. HUH??? What is the MATTER with those folks???? I never saw anything about us not being able to put links of our blogging friends in our posts, did you???

Anyway....Sara is quite upset by this (as you can imagine). She is able to read other blogs and comment, but she really wants her own blog back. They have indicated it will be back...but she has no idea when. Maybe by the time you are reading this, it WILL be back online. I hope that's the case.

I offered to post about this and Sara was eager for me to do that...because she wants those of you who follow her blog to know what is happening. She and I talked about her starting another blog on one of the other blog sites, BUT...she'd then not have all her previous posts nor her list of blogs from her current blog. SO....for now she will be waiting for her regular blog to "return" from the land of the REMOVED. Let's all cross our fingers (and our toes) and hope this resolves for her soon. I know she reads my blog, so if you have comments for her, leave them at the bottom of this post, okay?

18 comments:

Betsy said...

Pat that is terrible. Thank you for letting us know. I hope she is back on soon.
I guess blogger should make a list of rules.

Crispy said...

So sorry for your troubles Sara. I wonder why you were singled out and why they didn't let you know of their decision before they did it...someone must have felt power hungry or something. Hope you are up and running very soon.

Crispy

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

This is crazy. We all have links to other blogs to share a post they've written, a giveaway or just to link to a new blogger. That's just what people do on their blogs...spread the word and help each other out.
Good luck Sara. Let us know how it all turns out.
~Karen~

LINDA BYLSMA said...

Sara, I look forward to your return. What a crock. I had fun visiting all the sites you had provided links for, but I have to admit, I had troubles. Soooooooo, hope the craziness ends soon.

Diane said...

WHAT A SHAME! Surely, such stringent monitoring of our blogs could be put to better use... like monitoring the US Banking system!

ooglebloops said...

How sad, 'big brother' is watching - even in blogland????!!! We should all email blogger - to find out what the real rules are - so it doesn't happen to any of us! Hope they restore her in her entirety soon!!!

Susan said...

Sorry for Sara, This is crazy why cant people see this is our way of connecting to one another with common interests Hiope you are back soon
Hugs
Susan

Millie said...

I am so sorry for Sara and I hope she will get her blog back. We all add links and giveaways to our blog...that is terrible!

Judy Laquidara said...

Problems very similar is what caused me to self-host my blog. You can import your old blog posts into new WordPress blogs (I think).

Anonymous said...

I think these things are done by computers, not people. Red flags go up for one reason or another, then software kicks in and does what it's programmed to do. Hopefully, a real person can undo what wasn't necessary in the first place. Good luck to your friend, Pat.

Quilter Going Bananas said...

How frustrating for Sara! Hope her blog returns real soon :^)

Barb said...

So is this like the banker on Deal or no Deal...there is a faceless person out there patrolling our blogs, watching our every move and then makes decisions about our blog without notifying us or letting us know what is going on before it happens? Well Sara, you are missed. Hopefully, it will get resolved soon. You have a good friend in Pat...she will be your voice for now. Thanks Pat for letting us know.

Sara said...

Thanks to all - and yes, it is a robot computer not a real person who does that - but, a real person has to check your blog to make sure it isn't what they call a "Spam blog" - and they said on their FAQs that it is taking a little longer than usual...

Hopefully by Monday!!!

Rachel said...

Oh geez. I've heard about this happening. I hope it all gets straightened out and Sara is back with us soon!
Tell her I said hello ☺

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Pat and Sara,
Sorry for your situation, Sara and Pat, thanks for letting the rest of us know about it. It's actually something that I have worried about myself as I've heard it has happened to other bloggers. I would not want to lose all the thoughts that I have placed on paper since I first started blogging. Sara, hope this gets resolved really soon!

dabooklady said...

wow..that is unbelievable..I always adfd links of my friends as we all do it is called networking so what was blogger thinking? There must have been another reason they picked her??? I had something simular happen to me but it was EBay who removed all my listings because I had a link on them, even though they give you this option to do under the listings??? Go figure???? ut oh was that BB I just saw flicker by???? better go... lol

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Pat, I hope Sara has her blog up soon. This happened to me on eBay. I changed my name and they thought I was trying to scam I guess, took me forever to get it back on. I post about different blogs and have a bloglist really long. Never read about this not being OK.
Best of Luck to Sara,
Keep Stitchen,
Bonnie

Zlaty said...

That is ridiculous! I hope she gets it back, who took it down?


Good luck to Sara!