Friday, May 29, 2009

Details about the upcoming giveaway.....AND a free eBook

The week of June 1, I will be out of town for a few days. Here is what I am going to do during that time. Each day I will post a new prize and IF it interests you, comment on that day's post. I will let the giveaway run for a week or so and then draw a winner for each day's prize. Given the economy and my belief that we all need to be more "green", I think I am going to "recycle" some books (and maybe patterns) that I no longer need rather than let them sit here any longer. Some have been only gently-used and some haven't been used at all. I am trying to be honest with myself and purge my "collection" of things I will probably never have time to use, as I have seen a few other bloggers do recently (and that idea apppeals to me). They will be nice books (and maybe some patterns)......nothing wrong with them...just that I have too many books and patterns to deal with and too few years left in which to do all of them!!! So.....I am hoping these will be items that others like and will use. The only thing I will ask is....if it is NOT an item of interest to you, please don't post for it and let it go to someone who does truly want the item. Sounds fair, right?? Be on the lookout starting June 1....just wanted to give a little advance notice to you.
Now about the free eBook mentioned in the title of this post (and pictured above). This appears to be very interesting and was compiled by Kimberly Wulfert, PhD. and you can read it for free online. Click HERE to go to a post that will tell you about this and how you can get to read this book. It seems to be very interesting from what I have read so far and it is done in honor of Women's History month. I intend to read it all over the next few days.

11 comments:

Gene Black said...

Pat, thanks. I will be looking forward to seeing what you put out there.

Crispy said...

What a great idea for a giveaway, why let things just gather dust when someone else would love having it. Thanks for the link, I've bookmarked it.

Crispy

Unknown said...

Got my eyes open. That's a good idea. Recycle the old or unused. I may do that for my 100th post.

ooglebloops said...

I'll be checking in!! :>) thanks for the link also.

Betsy said...

lovely idea what you are doing Pat!

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

I love the e-book recommendation. I'm heading out to grocery shop so didn't have time to do anything but check out the link. I can see I will enjoy reading it!! Thanks for posting about this! Have a good trip and I'll be watching to see what you are giving away while you are away! :-)

Angela said...

Enjoy your outing. And thank you for the sharing.

Barb said...

I hope you have a nice trip....will look forward to seeing what you put in your giveaway. It is always nice to get rid of unwanted items or forgotten....than just to have them sit.

Sara said...

Cool beans about the giveaway...I think it is silly to enter a giveaway for something you don't want or won't use!

That book looks good...

Wendy said...

Pat....
I will be reading the ebook( another of my favorite things)...Have a great time and I will be watching for your giveaway!!.....Thanks for all the Info......Wendy

Myra said...

Hope you have a great trip Pat! Seems I missed you now!

Gently used items for a giveaway in the area of quilting is always welcome...at least I think so! 8-)