Thursday, May 21, 2009

A beach picnic....and more

Yesterday the weather was very nice....just right for a beach picnic and sand-castle-making as well as kite-flying and playing on the playground equipment. We've had a fun 5 days, but today little Jessi heads home. She didn't like the idea of going home and wanted to stay longer until I reminded her that she made little gifts for her family members.....and also has a little album of photos to show them from her trip...and then she felt better about it. Of course Grammy bought some of her favorite snacks to send home with her, too...and that helped a lot. Later today, Grammy and Grampy will be back home from handing Jessi off to Mommy....and Grammy and Grampy will " crash" and rest for a day or two! (Their old bones aren't as young as Jessi's and can't quite keep up with her very easily...but they sure have fun trying!) I will try to start catching up on all of your blogs over the next couple of days.....have hardly had a chance to read them at all with Jessi here.

17 comments:

LINDA BYLSMA said...

What a great day! Where is everyone? It looks like you had the place to yourselves.

Myra said...

Wow! Just catching up on your visit with the little one! Looks like you are all having a great time going places and doing fun stuff together!!! Good for yous! 8-)

Barb said...

She is one lucky gal to have such wonderful grandparents.... Glad you had a wonderful time....I wish I could come and play too.

Kim Walus said...

I love being a Grammy!!!

It's the sweet bonus to being parents. These are the kind of moments that we tuck away in our hearts and remember often!

How fun!

Thanks Pat too, for your sweet comments on my recent post. I love making things for people, especially teachers who deserve more than I can do for them. I always knew teachers did the impossible with 20+ kids but now I really KNOW! I have to say that you always have at least one parent who sucks all of the fun out of teaching. If you know what I mean and I'm a parent. I think that has surprised me the most this year... how parents act.

Michelle said...

I enjoyed the posts with your granddaughter...she is a cutie! I'm sorry I've been so behind on blog reading! I missed your giveaway! :P I'm working to get caught up!

Nancy said...

You are all making such wonderful memories for her... I love having the grandkids here, but sure like them heading home also..LOL

Unknown said...

It does look like a lovely day on the beach. Glad you enjoyed your time with Jessie. I bet she enjoyed it much more. She will treasure these days with grammy and grampy. I never had grandparents. :(

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Such fun with your granddaughter. Someday I hope to have one (or more!).

Busy Little Quilter said...

I love these posts of you few days with Jessi. I'm taking notes here because I will have my 7 year old grand daughter and my 3 year old grand son for a week. They will still be going to school since school isn't out yet, but with the three day weekend coming up I've got to keep them entertained!

Crispy said...

Oh Pat, you had such a wonderful visit with Jessi. One of the perks of being grandparents is handing off the little ones and being able to rest up a bit LOL.

Crispy

rachel griffith said...

love the pic of her feet in the bucket.
too cute.

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Cute pics of Jesse, especially the feet in the bucket one. :-) What a gorgeous area you were in!! Looked like it was almost your own private beach! Rest up! I will have my grandson this weekend and I know I'll need rest come Monday. LOL!

Sara said...

Being a grammy sounds like such fun!!! I love that you had that time with your little grand-daughter...Life is good!

The Other Barb said...

wonderful pictures & wonderful memories made !

Betsy said...

Pat you did so good with her. she looks like she had tons of fun.

Nanette Merrill said...

A beach picnic! Wowie. I haven't done that in 35 years. Fun fun.

limpingalong said...

Looks like you had a really good time. Thanks for sharing with us!