
Okay.......many of you said you couldn't wait to see the hummingbird, so I got that done right away to show you. Here are the two birds I've done so far. I think I am going to do a total of four........will add a cardinal and a robin to this. If I decide to go up to six, I'll then add a blue jay and a chickadee (so "stay tuned"!!!) Here is a photo of the hummingbird and the goldfinch. On Wednesday, I'll spend my time helping the gals learn how to do the bird they each chose and if I have time, I'll start on my cardinal or my robin. Oh, yes......also...
Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!!
19 comments:
oh the birds together like that look so cute. Nice job Pat.
Oh he's so cute!! Is that corn fabric on his belly? It gives great texture. I see the goldfinch found his eye LOL.
Crispy
Great fabrics you picked for both of them!!!!
Wow, Pat, that is just awsome. They look wonderful together.
Good job Pat, they look awesome. I may have to make more than one!
Oh Pat love 'em! We have finch feeders here full of the gold ones also red house finches. So cute the way they hang on and eat!
We also have hummers now!! So wish you were closer to teach me to paper piece. I can not 'get it' to save me!!!
Look forward to seeing all your birds!!
ohhhhh pretty!
Tweet! Tweet! Happy Cinco de Mayo to you, too! :-)
The birds are fantastic. Can you say for me where did you get the patterns? I live in Brazil and we don't have good magazines and books about patchwork. I always visit your blog. Excuse-me for my english. I love your blog and I am a follower. Hugs from Brazil, Maria Regina.
Love your pieced birds. How creative.
Nice job on the blocks Pat!
Thanks for showing the birds and doing them up for us....they look wonderful.
The hummingbird is just as delightful as the goldfinch. Have fun teaching the other gals tomorrow!
Nicely done. I can't wait for the next installment. I'm sure you will teach them a lot.
Pat
Nice...the perfect spring quilt!
I can hear tweeting and humming way over here in my end of the Blogland Neighborhood! .... BEAUTIFUL birdies !!!
(and as always, thanks for visiting me over at my blog .... glad you liked it!)
I love the birds! The hummingbird's wings are fab. Wish I could take your class!!!
Ooooh, Pat, you used some Nikki for the hummers wing and tail! Nice! I think you should certainly include a blue jay and a chickadee, but that could be because I love the looks of them both. Don't really love the jays live and in person (um, can a bird be "in person?"), but I think their distinctive look will be a nice addition. And I do love chickadees! But of course it's not my quilt ;-) Lydia
The birds are terrific and so great you're able to share your paper piecing knowledge with friends who also share your passion to quilt!
Post a Comment