Monday, December 22, 2008
Let's think ahead to NEXT YEAR....
Okay, fellow quilting pals...let's think ahead to next year...as in 2009....as in only just 9 days from now!!! I was surfing the internet today during a tiny break from sewing and found a blog on which the gal listed some Quilter's New Year's Resolutions. (She had a really good list......go to her blog and check it out. You may have to scroll down to find the list...it's in her December 21 blog post.) I see some things on her list I've already done....and some that are just too much for me to consider or don't interest me at all. I'm thinking it may be a good idea to write up a few REACHABLE resolutions for my quilting for 2009. So....here goes.....I am thinking one resolution might be to select a certain # of my favorite quilting books (maybe 4) and make at least one thing from each of those books during 2009. This seems to be a nice idea rather than to let those books sit there so lonely on my bookshelves! I may also pick 4 from among my many patterns and try make each of them. Another resolution is to PUT FABRIC AWAY AFTER USING IT!!! I seem to have the bad habit of folding it (neatly) and placing it in a basket and then...before I know it, the basket is filled to the brim and it takes me awhile to put it all away in my stash cabinet and drawers. I think the key to making resolutions is not to make ones that are unattainable...and I think those few I mentioned are "okay" ones for me. I was thinking to do more, but then I'll get carried away and won't do half of them!!! LOL Do you care to join me and make some quilting resolutions and share them here?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I would love to join in! Let me think awhile and I will post and link to you....
What a great idea Pat! I think your resolutions are attainable, and quilting ones sound much more fun than other types of New Year's resolutions. I'll have to give some thought to mine. Maybe to devote some regular time to quilting . . .
This is a great idea!! Are you sure we are suppose to actually use the patterns we buy?? And I'm a little concerned about cracking the spine on all my wonderful quilting books. Hmmmmm. Honestly you've hit on something here to create personal quilting resolutions. OK, I will get back to you on what I come up with for myself. HUGS.
I'll be posting a few next week - all attainable...
Those sounds like great resolutions to me.
Post a Comment