Since this is so picture-intensive, I'll break our NY trip up into a couple of posts. The above photo shows the MTV building in the area of Times Square. You can see there are many restaurants beneath the space used by MTV for its studio. (You should be able to click on each photo to enlarge it and see it better.)
The photo above is the section of buildings in Times Square that you will see on TV on New Year's Eve. If you look closely, you will see the tower at the top from which the Waterford ball is "dropped" at midnight. (We were there on January 3 and things in Manhattan were all cleaned up by then.)
There are all kinds of things to be seen in NY....and nothing is surprising. This couple was just slowly waltzing across the street and photos were being taken. It could have been for a magazine or some kind of ad, but it looked like it was just a regular couple on their wedding day, truthfully.
Above is St. Patrick's Cathedral on Fifth Avenue. This photo shows the relative size of the cathedral in relationship to the height of other buildings and to people. The last photo today shows one of the many altars inside the cathedral. I think this may be the main altar, but I can't recall for sure. Tomorrow I'll post photos of the area around Rockefeller Center (and the big tree there).
4 comments:
Thanks for the fabulous tour. New York City, a Broadway Play and the audience of the Today Show are on my "do before I die" list.
Hi Pat,
I love New York City, and it's so nice to see your photos. I've been twice and know I will get there again someday; Tim needs to go. :-)
These made me sit and reflect on a trip to NYC that my friend and I made. It was a side trip following a medical seminar we attended in Rhode Island. Took the train from there to NYC and had a blast. I went into St Patricks cathedral and it takes your breath away and leaves you with an overwhelming sense of peace and goodness. Thanks for the memory.
Oh that brings back a lot of memories of my first trip to NYC!
Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment