Tuesday, December 23, 2008

If it's not made (or bought or wrapped) now.......

Here's the story at our house...if it's not finished being made....or if it's not bought...OR if it's not wrapped now, it is NOT getting done this year. I am through with it. As someone famous once wrote (can't recall WHO)....."It is what it is". I still have the couple of last-minute foods to prepare, but other than that, I am done. YAY!!! I have a whole 36 hours or so to just sit back and relax and maybe read or enjoy Christmas music or sew FOR MYSELF. Oh, wait...what's that you say? Oh, yes....I only have until 2:00 tomorrow afternoon to do all this relaxation and enjoyment stuff as I must leave then to do music at two church services. Okay......so I only have a little more than 24 hours. It's more time than I thought I'd have just a day or so back, so it's all good! LOL I hope all of you are in good shape now and able to get a little bit of "ME" time for yourself. We women deserve that, ya know? I mean...after all, we are the ones who usually engineer the happening of Christmas in our families (or at least it's that way in every family I know about)....so we need time for ourselves. Be sure to take at least an hour today and tomorrow for YOU, okay? Promise????

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definitely intend to take an hour or two to myself today! One hour on the treadmill to make up for the extra eating I have been doing, and one hour to quilt something for me. :-)
Enjoy your day!

Sara said...

Just about done! Have a few little things to wrap and then I am going to chill for the rest of the year!

Gari in AL said...

Everything at my house is done and wrapped. And today I spent in the studio, starting a new black/white/orange quilt for myself. What fun it was to sew without any deadline in mind. Merry Christmas!

Val said...

I'm listening to Christmas music and adding tags to presents. Soon I'll sit and do some hand sewing on a few things that still aren't done, hahaha. But there has been a whole lot of time for myself the past couple weeks so now the crunch is really on. Enjoy your down time!! You're right, women all over the world are the stitches that keep the family together and the holidays joyous and bright.