

Santa was good to me this year. I got a lot of nice things......peppermint scented large Yankee candle jar.....very nice spice candle and pedestal with cardinals on it (which I love since we have them in our yard).....some excellent photographs....a Snow Baby figurine......soft pajamas and a matching robe...a new watch....to name a few. But...I know most of you are interested in knowing what kind of "quilty" gifts I got. Most are pictured here. I got 3 Moda charm packs (American Primer, Gypsy Rose, and Recipe for Friendship)......a book I'd requested (Fat Quarter Cottage by Heather Mulder Peterson).....a woolie pattern I'd wanted (Itty Bitty Button Pictures by Bonnie Sullivan)...and a gift card to Joann's. Oh, yes....got a copy of the latest issue of American Patchwork & Quilting magazine, too...lots of good ideas in there. I also got a Jim Shore quilty-looking snail votive candleholder (see his picture above) to add to my newly-begun collection of Jim Shore figurines! Isn't he cute? I think he needs a name....any suggestions from you kind folks who read my blog would be appreciated. I'm very happy with everything I got and it seems I can have a very cozy winter with my candles and soft jammies as I stitch my new woolie creations!
6 comments:
Wow! What a haul you made. You must have been a good girl!
Your Jim Shore is very cute. I just love his things. This is my first visit to your blog and I am enjoying my time here. I think a cute name for the snail would be "Pokey" -- since you know he will be slow *grin*.
you have been so busy...and had time for blogging too..love the snail. It looks like you had a lovely time with your family.
I think you should name your snail "Stitch Quickly" --but then I have a peculiar sense of humor at times.
All your gifts look wonderful!! I LOVE the Jim Shore snail -- what a cutie! Have fun with the quilty stuff!
Yep you got some great quilty things to work on in your new jammies. Jennifer and I just love the Jim Shore things and try to collect one each year. This year neither of us got one. Hmmmm, have to make up for it next year, ha. I just love doing the wool work so hope you'll share your finished projects or progress as you go along.
You got some nice gifts for Christmas. I'm going to have to look for the quilt book you got from Heather Mulder Peterson.
There is a quilt block called Snails Trails. That's my suggestion for the snail candleholder.
I love Jim Shore. I have the Nativity set and a few Santas.
Post a Comment