Someone asked how many blocks, in total, are in the "Sylvia's Bridal Sampler"quilt. There are 140 in the book. The photo below shows the 10th block I've completed. It's called "Milky Way". Below that is a photo of the first 10 blocks I've made. (They are all the same size...just don't look like it from the angle of this photo.) They won't be in this order when the quilt is put together...I'm making the blocks in random order. I'll use some kind of sashing...not sure what color yet....will have to see what looks best since all the blocks are scrappy. So far, it's all been from my stash (and I'm happy about that.)

22 comments:
Very nice Pat.
The blocks are beautiful. I guess my favorite type of quilt is tradiional piecing. I'm going to order the book.
They look fantastic together! I love that you're using stash fabric. Wonderful!
As you know from reading my blog, I don't really do much traditional piecing. But I do admire those that do. Good Job!
I'm lovin' the scrappiness of your blocks Pat, you are really moving along on this. I too will make mine entirely from my stash.
Crispy
Lookin' good! Can't wait to see the finished quilt!
You are really going fast...seems like you just started these.
They are looking wonderful so far...
I am loving them Pat!!
I adore scrappy and using stash!!!
More of this is in my future! ;-)
Hugs!
Those blocks are looking good!
These will make a lovely quilt, and using stash will make it one-of-a-kind. :)
seeing your blocks makes me want to make another one like my civil war quilt .I enjoyed making all different blocks. There were only 121 blocks in that quilt. I do have the book for the Amish Circle quilt by the same author. Got to get back to my sewing room!!
Lovely blocks, Pat. It will be so pretty.
Quite an endeavor, but fun, since each one is a new challenge! Are you going to do all 140!!! That would use up all your stash and you would then HAVE to replenish your stash! Looks like fun.
I love seeing all those very different blocks. Much more interesting, I think, than making a whole quilt of the same blocks. When the quilt is finished, it will be one of those fascinating quilts where you can see something different each time you look at it.
You've got a good start on your blocks, Pat. I love sampler quilts. :-)
How is the sewing machine coming along? Have you decided?
That's a lot of blocks, but you've made a good start. Can't wait to see the finished quilt.
Oh my! Those are beautiful!! I especially love that star on the right!
They really are pretty...and that is going to make a beautiful quilt.
Can't wait to see more blocks...
I really like the colors on top block! Very pretty! It will be stunning quilt Pat!
Happy sewing!
Zlaty
Just 130 to go then? :-)
I really like the looks of the blocks. Very nice!!
Post a Comment