Saturday, September 26, 2009

I really don't want to tell you about this, but.......

I will tell you that Silver Thimble (Pat) is having a very nice giveaway. Click HERE if you wish to read about it and enter...and tell her I sent you, okay? Actually, I really didn't want to tell you as I wanted there to be fewer entries so I'd have a better chance to win...but then I decided that would be mean of me!!! So......there you have it....go enter.

AND...if that isn't enough for you, Gene Black (click HERE for his blog) is having a 250th post giveaway. You can also read about the wonderful new member of his family in that post. (And....by commenting, you can effectively reduce my chances to win in that giveaway, too.....*sigh*.....LOL)

Here is a block I made yesterday for the Sylvia's Bridal Sampler. I now have 9 blocks completed. (Big deal, huh? Considering there are a LOT of blocks in the whole quilt, I am progressing quite slowly. *sigh*) The points aren't as bad as they look here....the print has some light color in it and the light color fell right at the corner in a few places...making it look like the points are really off, but...again....if anyone looks that closely when the quilt is done and dares to comment, I will throw them out of the house!!! heheheToday we are off with friends to the Saturday Nascar race in Dover (called the Nationwide race now). We have fun and it's a very family-oriented day and not so crowded as it is on Sunday for the main race. I'll post a few photos tomorrow. If you follow Nascar and were wondering, I have a few favorites in the Nationwide race today........Carl Edwards, Brad Keselowski, and Martin Truex, who will race it since this is his "home" track (and probably favor them in that order). Now if Dale, Jr., Mark Martin, and Tony Stewart were in this race, I'd have different favorites!

13 comments:

Crispy said...

Cute block Pat, I can hardly wait to get my book :0)

I won't be entering either giveaway so your chances have gone up, however, by not entering and not mentioning that you sent me would reduce your chances...it's a Catch 22 LOL.

Crispy

ooglebloops said...

I will have to run to Gene's to enter!!! Love the block!!
A local fabric store is having a drawing - guess what the prize is? A Janome!!! I can't remember the model number - 2700, maybe? Needless to say, I am not entering!!! LOL

luv2quilt2 said...

Thanks for the directions to the giveaways. Hope I win. The block is beautiful and reminds me that I really want to get that book.

Jean said...

Very cute block Pat. I am also glad you are getting some action from the store where you bought your machine.

Anonymous said...

Looks very precise to me, Pat; and 9 blocks finished is indeed a big deal! :)

julieQ said...

Your block is gorgeous!! I have about the same number blocks done on SBS. The little blocks are so fun to do!

Needled Mom said...

I love the colors in that block. Very nice!

Barb said...

Love your block

Betsy said...

cute block Pat. Thanks for the links.

hetty said...

Your block looks great to me, Pat! How many do you have to do?

Scrappy quilter said...

I really like your block too, especially the colors. Wonderful work!!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I love your block! Are you sewing them together as you go?

One day I'm going to pull out my book and do one. You're inspiring!

Kim D. said...

Looks like fun Pat. What a lovely block.