
Yesterday my Husqvarna sewed curtains beautifully for me (while my non-reliable, often-times malfunctioning Janome had to be taken back to the dealer). My Husqvarna also made another block for my Sylvia's Bridal Sampler quilt......yup...my old trusty Husqvarna with no fancy features didn't act up ONCE......and let me have some relaxing sewing time (which I've not had lately thanks to my wicked Janome). Here is a photo of the newest block...a simple one.....the Shoo Fly block. If you look back over the blocks I've made so far, you can see I am truly making this be a scrappy quilt. So far, I've only used fabrics from my stash (and some were even in my SCRAP basket!!!)
I must say...I am really grateful for the words of support I am receiving from so many of you. It helps to ease the extreme hurt and frustration and stress I am feeling over this Janome situation....and I'm hoping it can help bring about a satisfactory solution to my problem, too.
16 comments:
I'm glad you have a machine to cover for the malfunctioning one. I hope you reach a satisfactory resolution with the defective machine soon.
I'm loving all these scrappy blocks. Can't wait to see the finished quilt. How about them curtains? Let's see...
Scrappy blocks are so fun to make. I love using the bits and pieces almost as much as cutting into a nice piece of yardage.
So glad to hear that you have at lasst had a peaceful sewing session. They should never be interrupted by a constantly malfunctioning machine.
I love the Shoofly block but like someone else said "How about them curtains" Show us, please. I truly hate that you have had such a horrible experience with Janome and am hoping this will be resolved quickly and to your liking.
This is a favorite block of mine too. Your little blue flowers are perfect with the yellow/blue.
My most trusted machine is a Pfaff, with no fancy features either. Actually, I've never had a machine with electronics, and my mechanical-only ones just keep going and going. It's also neat that I can service them myself. I know others who love all the extra features, especially machine embroidery and needle up/down, but I'm OK without those things.
Every now and then I go by and pat my two Husqvarnas and thank them for such faithful service! I had considered a Janome and I am so glad I didn't get one! It is hard to believe that this company has such a blase attitude about what seems to be an obvious flaw in their machine. Of course, if they replace yours, other people may show up at the door with their mal-functioning machines in hand. That could get expensive for them! I am sure that is the reason for their showing such little regard for you and your problem.
I am sorry for your machine, durn! What a mess, and they better get you a bran spankin' new one stat! I love your SBS blocks, I too am working on this quilt, and have done the barrister block, wow, lots of little pieces!
I love your shoo fly, your quilt will look so awesome...maybe I should start something like that with my scraps and just work on one here and there....getting way to many scarps again.
Great shoo fly! I love scrappy, maybe even more than, well, nonscrappy.
Glad you had your good old Husqvarna to give you some stress-free sewing time. Hope all goes well with the Janome.
Glad to hear you have a good backup machine!
I'm glad that you got some relaxing sewing time in, Pat. I have always loved that Shoo Fly block and it looks especially pretty in those colors.
I'm so happy to hear you finally had a 'good' sewing day. Hurray for the Husquvarna!
I love scrappy quilts. Yours is going to be beautiful.
I love this block, Pat. It just looks "peaceful" and I am glad your were able to relax and get some peace while doing it. I had an issue with my old Blazer that only happened when I drove it and it only did the funny "choking thing" when I was at major intersections. My husband didn't believe me and the service guy at the dealership said it didn't happen to him when he drove it. And it didn't but it happened to me again and at an intersection near a major freeway. The Blazer "limped" through the intersection but that was it for me. I took it to the dealer and left it for them to drive and check-out. Finally, it happened when the service guy drove it and it turned out to be some little connector in the digital dash. They replaced it and all was fine but a couple years down the road I had the same issue and this time they knew what to do. Since you're machine is computerized, it could easily be something intermittent that sometimes "connects" and other times it doesn't. Hope they get it resolved soon. It's a real hassle for you to work through this.
Lovely Block.. Sorry to hear about your Janome machine. I have several friends who own Janome machines and they all swear by them.
I love your block. I also love my Husqvarna. I've had Husqvarna sewing machines for years and now our daughter has her own too. They've been like work horses for us, never had a problem and the one I have now I've had for 10 years. They are a dream to use. I wouldn't have any other machine...how can you tell I'm in love with my Husqvarna.
Post a Comment