Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Tara update....

I had blog troubles here earlier but now can update. The doctor spoke to me about 3 p.m. after her surgery and said he isn't really concerned. (I was nearly frantic by then.) I asked if it was a cyst and he said it wasn't, but he knew it wouldn't be as that would have showed as a cyst on the ultrasound. He said what he removed looked like breast tissue but it is, of course, going to pathology and he'll have the full report by the early part of next week. He said that, quite frankly, he is much more concerned about her knee from last week's surgery. I am thinking he would not have said that if he had any real doubts about this lump's pathology...he would have been a bit more vague, perhaps.as he has done a lot of breast lump and breast cancer work over the course of the past 16 years and I suspect he has a pretty good accuracy rate of knowing what he is looking at when he removes tissue. So...of course, I'll worry until the full report is back, but that seems to be encouraging and I'll take that for now. I want to thank all of you who wrote so many wonderful comments of support and offered your prayers. Please keep them coming that she may be restored to full health as soon as possible....with the knee, too. She is really trying to be back at work by Monday...and I hope she's able to do that. (Physical therapy can be done right there on her lunch hour...so that will help a lot.)

12 comments:

Sara said...

Glad to hear that he doesn't think there is a lot to be concerned about...we just will have to keep you in our thoughts and prayers until we hear for sure...

Greg said...

Good thoughts and prayers will continue for both you and your daughter.

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Pat such good news, thank you for letting us know and ya are still in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.
Bonnie

Betsy said...

yep prayers do work. Glad to hear the good news Pat.

Barb said...

That is good news...thanks for the update and yes, I will still keep her in my prayers.

LINDA BYLSMA said...

Thanks for the update, and I'm still holding your hand.
Oh, thanks for the lead to that AWSOME story and quilt yesterday. I am speechless.

Gene Black said...

Thanks for the update. I thought about you today. I will continue to pray for you both.

I hope she knows that the knee is more important than rushing back to work if it is iffy. (nurses make lousy patients!) Tell her I said all of that!

Sherry said...

Good news so far. She will be in my thougths till her knee is better. Hopefully she will be back on Monday only if she can.

Crispy said...

Oh Pat, what a relief!! If the dr is shrugging it off thats a wonderful sign!! Now she needs to concentrate on her knee and not over do.

Crispy

Nancy said...

Sounds like good news!! I will keep remembering her in my prayers.

Needled Mom said...

His initial read sounds very encouraging. I will continue my prayers for full restoration of her health.

hetty said...

Thanks for the update, Pat. I will continue with my prayers and positive thoughts until there is a full recovery.