Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day #6 of repairs....yet to happen!!!

Yesterday started out with a very fine drizzle right at the time the general contractor had to decide whether or not to send roofers here. You guessed it...he decided against it. While we didn't have any heavy rain, we did have enough sprinkles that it might have proved a problem. SO....now today is scheduled to be nice (keeping my fingers crossed) and tomorrow, too.....and the roofers may be able to get all the old roofing materials off and carted away and get the new roof done by tomorrow afternoon or at some point on Thursday. Once they get that done, the bulk of the work is inside...the cathedral ceilings going back in the two "off-limit" rooms.....and weather shouldn't affect things then......thank goodness!

I have been keeping myself busy so my mind doesn't get overloaded with thoughts about the repairs and the broken sewing machine. I am going today to take the machine back to the dealer. Janome was in touch with me in reply to my email and said the dealers are independent of them and I need to discuss my dissatisfaction with the dealer....also told me to be sure I'm threading the machine correctly. What is up with that??? I've sewn for nearly 50 years on many machines and know how to thread a machine....actually threaded this one in front of the salesgirl when I was buying it AND at the 3 classes I took that were offered with the machine (and that was done in front of the instructor) and nobody said I was doing it wrong. I also think if I had threaded it wrong, the malfunction would have occurred immediately....not several hours after it had been threaded, ya know? I emailed back to Janome and told them the dealer didn't manufacture the machine and I think Janome should stand by the machine and not wash their hands of it...especially when a machine that isn't a year old has malfunctioned seriously twice and been unusable. I'll update tomorrow as to how it goes at the dealer today. Kaye is going with me for support and I'm sure she won't let them talk circles around me! I want to thank all of YOU for your supportive comments and emails. I did tell Janome...and will tell the dealer...that I have blogged about it and many are waiting to see how the situation is resolved. (Maybe they won't want me to speak ill of them here and that will light a fire under them?? I hope so.)

Yesterday I decided to do a small Halloween table runner (photo below...click to enlarge, if you wish)....probably for my daughter as the grandkids will like it...using the disappearing 9-patch. I still need to sandwich it and quilt it and put a binding on it, but I think it's cute....and it took me not even an hour to get it to this point. OH...and how did it get to be September already????? It seems like it was just June with the too-cool days and the too-much rain and we were waiting and waiting for summer....and now it's already September. *sigh*

15 comments:

Betsy said...

cute runner Pat. Maybe today will be a better day.

Barb said...

I think you need a brand new machine....that is all I have to say about that!!!

Love the table runner.....

JustCindy said...

How disappointing to have a new machine you can't use. Good luck with the dealer today.

Gene Black said...

I will just say, between you and my friend Chris, who has the top of the line Janome, I am very hesitant to buy a Janome. Both of you have had problems with a machine that is less than a year old!

Kaye said...

Don't worry everyone Pat is taking the "ENFORCER" with her. LOL. She'll be fine, I promise to take good care of her! I like that table runner, looks so easy and I have lots of halloween material from last year

Nancy said...

keeping my fingers crossed that the rain stays away for 2 days and the roof will be fixed...

also, good luck at the dealers.

luv2quilt2 said...

I actually don't have a bit of Halloween fabric, but love that quilt, and the D0P. Good luck with the dealer today.

Crispy said...

Yep the kids will love the table runner.

I'll keep everything crossed that all goes well with the roof and the machine. (Loved that Kaye calls herself the ENFORCER LOL)

Crispy

Danielle said...

Keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly with the roof, and "the" machine! Stay strong! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Very cute fabrics for the upcoming season!

LINDA BYLSMA said...

The table runner is really cute. So glad you are keeping busy. Good job with Janome, you tell 'em, sister! And good luck today.

Gari in AL said...

You have inspired me to return to the D9P and start a charity quilt today. I had decided to make 6 this year and am one behind so I need to get on the stick. I use a kids fabric and shirting that was donated to the guild: they work up great. Hope that by the time I am writing this the roofers are at work on your house.

Roslyn said...

Hey you can have summer & August Pat-i returned to AZ, for a bit & it's still 114 & no let up in sight. Last night we had a storm, very little rain though mostly thunder & wind.
I hope that your Janome isn't a lemon-I had a Viking #1 that was & it turned me off them forever especially because the dealer was arrogant & rude, now I am Pfaff woman forever!I just have to bind my newest D9P, they are so fast & fun!

hetty said...

Between contractors and sewing machine dealers you certainly have your problems. Hope the roof work gets done soon and your machine gets fixed or replaced to your satisfaction.

Rachel said...

You tell 'em, Pat! Don't let them bamboozle you!!!

Glad to see you're getting some sewing done, though. Cute table runner!