Now...are you ready for THIS news? My Janome machine has jammed TWICE since I took it to the dealer on Tuesday for that very same problem. (Scroll back to my Wed. post if you aren't sure what I'm talking about here.) I have paid very close attention to that stupid green light I mentioned that is so critical to its threading mechanism and have made sure the light is ON when I thread the machine. Both of these most recent jams were not immediately after it had been threaded anyway....but awhile after that. When it jams, it makes a really horrible noise and the machine shudders and shakes until I shut it off. Both times, I ignored the error message on the display and rethreaded it and then it was fine. BUT....why does this keep happening? And why is it happening with increasing frequency? (That makes me think that it will keep happening more and more until the machine just explodes on me!!!!) I am contacting the dealer again. It is just one year ago today that I bought this machine and there is definitely something wrong that is being missed here. It has gotten to where I am nervous each time I put my foot on the pedal to begin sewing.....because the noise that is made when it begins to jam is loud and startles me every time...NOT fun to be worried each time I start to sew a seam. I sure hope the dealer realizes this is something that needs to be pursued further. *sigh*
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Throw pillow photos......
Yesterday we got the master bedroom painted ....a light tan. I like it and it will go with everything. I made the two throw pillow covers (see below photo). The fabric is from the Harvest Reflections collection by Thimbleberries. I am also making valances to match. The pillows will go on a sage green bedspread....so I think they will look very nice.
Now...are you ready for THIS news? My Janome machine has jammed TWICE since I took it to the dealer on Tuesday for that very same problem. (Scroll back to my Wed. post if you aren't sure what I'm talking about here.) I have paid very close attention to that stupid green light I mentioned that is so critical to its threading mechanism and have made sure the light is ON when I thread the machine. Both of these most recent jams were not immediately after it had been threaded anyway....but awhile after that. When it jams, it makes a really horrible noise and the machine shudders and shakes until I shut it off. Both times, I ignored the error message on the display and rethreaded it and then it was fine. BUT....why does this keep happening? And why is it happening with increasing frequency? (That makes me think that it will keep happening more and more until the machine just explodes on me!!!!) I am contacting the dealer again. It is just one year ago today that I bought this machine and there is definitely something wrong that is being missed here. It has gotten to where I am nervous each time I put my foot on the pedal to begin sewing.....because the noise that is made when it begins to jam is loud and startles me every time...NOT fun to be worried each time I start to sew a seam. I sure hope the dealer realizes this is something that needs to be pursued further. *sigh*
Now...are you ready for THIS news? My Janome machine has jammed TWICE since I took it to the dealer on Tuesday for that very same problem. (Scroll back to my Wed. post if you aren't sure what I'm talking about here.) I have paid very close attention to that stupid green light I mentioned that is so critical to its threading mechanism and have made sure the light is ON when I thread the machine. Both of these most recent jams were not immediately after it had been threaded anyway....but awhile after that. When it jams, it makes a really horrible noise and the machine shudders and shakes until I shut it off. Both times, I ignored the error message on the display and rethreaded it and then it was fine. BUT....why does this keep happening? And why is it happening with increasing frequency? (That makes me think that it will keep happening more and more until the machine just explodes on me!!!!) I am contacting the dealer again. It is just one year ago today that I bought this machine and there is definitely something wrong that is being missed here. It has gotten to where I am nervous each time I put my foot on the pedal to begin sewing.....because the noise that is made when it begins to jam is loud and startles me every time...NOT fun to be worried each time I start to sew a seam. I sure hope the dealer realizes this is something that needs to be pursued further. *sigh*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
31 comments:
This is a LOVELY fabric on your pillows. The leaf print reminds me of something growing on our property, but I can't be sure what until I go out and look.
I was in a sew/vac shop the other day when someone called on the phone, and the owner mentioned to the caller that Janome has been making some really good machines lately. I thought of you and your Janome problems, but I didn't say anything. Good luck with it!
How nice to redcorate your bedroom - a lovely result of a terrible accident. I hope you post pictures when you're done.
That is lovely fabric on the pillows. Your newly renovated bedroom will look wonderful when it's finished. Too bad it took a falling tree to get it done!
I think your machine is jinxed! Have you tried writing a letter to the president of the company? Sometimes it pays to go to the top. They really should give you a new machine - a different model. Ask for that. Obviously yours is a lemon!
Love your pillows - those are my colors - if I ever get my bedroom painted!! LOL
Kathy is right - contact the company - go right to the top - you never know what will happen!!!Mention your considerable influence in the online quilting world!!! :>)
I kinda agree with Kathy. But, when I do something like that, I find EVERY EMAIL ADDRESS I can off the site, customer service, president, VP of sales, etc. And when you write mention that you are blogging about it and that you have lots of followers.
Also, did the dealer offer any type of upgrade or exchange? If not I think I would ask again - phone is fine and possibly involve the Better Business Bureau. (and mention your guild and all their contacts that will know if you are not happy)
I go on that squeaky wheel principle when I am not happy.
Ha ha...Ooglebloops is on the same wavelenght with me.
the pillows look great, you sure don't waste any time. Can't wait to see it. Can't make a road trip on tues, have to go to eye doctor at 11 and kids are off school. They have a delayed opening because of the funeral of the killing of the Georgetown Police Officer
LOL...maybe I meant wavelength.
Hey, I didn't mention how gorgeous those pillows are. Did you do the envelope back so you can pull out the pillow forms and wash the covers?
Very pretty pillows, and the valances will be perfect to tie in...I am so proud of you that you must make your bed every day if you are making pillows to put on it...lol
I love the colors you have used, Pat.
I'm sorry to read about the machine jamming again. How frustrating is that!?!?!?
i hate your having so much trouble with that darn machine........and i hope someone fixes it soon. hugs love your pillows
I'm loving your pillows!
Now on to that machine problem. You said your machine was just over a year old. Were you having this problem before it was a year old? I would contact my dealer, tell them that this problem continues to occur and it is UNACCEPTABLE. At the same time, go to the Janome site, find the contact info and email them. Tell them the history of the problems, what your dealer tells you (and name the dealer) and let them know that you are not happy. Your machine warrant/repair is only as good as your dealer represents it. Let Janome corporate office know this and demand that the machine either be repaired or replaced. I think you may see results. GOOD LUCK! I'll be anxious to see what happens. I have a Janome 10001 that I had problems with the first year and it finally got fixed. I STILL love Janome machines. I think some dealers are just more pro-active than others. Keep after them!!!!!
What a nice pick-me-up to have new throw pillows and new valances... it must be true when G-D crashes a roof, he redecorates a window...LOL
I would NOT TAKE NO for an answer...you deserve a NEW MACHINE..
The pillows will look wonderful with the sage green!
About the machine, I hope you get it worked out. The dealer should step up to the plate and make sure the issue is resolved to your satisfaction - whatever that may be. They should also give you a loaner. No one should be scared to use their machine!
The pillows are lovely but your machine problem is NOT! That company just HAS to replace the LEMON you have!
Love the pillows - they will look very nice in your newly painted room.
About the machine - I would be having a fit - Do take it back - I would take it when I had an entire day - and sit there sewing until it does it in front of her!!!
Your pillows are lovely!! I can hardly wait to start painting around here (Bob doesn't know yet LOL).
It sounds to me that you and Kaye need to storm the dealer again and demand some sort of satisfaction!!
Crispy
Very pretty pillows Pat! Don't you just love redecorating!! Happy Weekend, Hugs, Mary
The good thing from all of this is you get to redecorate your bedroom! I like what you are doing.
That machine has got to go! They owe you, girl.
Love the pillows Pat! You'll have fun redecorating the bedroom once the
work is all done on the house. As for your machine? I'm beginning to think that your machine is just a lemon, perhaps a trade in is in order and buy something else?? I'd bring some of your friends for support and go to the dealer and demand satisfaction, or else!!!
Love the pillow fabric... I imagine this has to be the one benefit from the accident- decorating!
The problems with your machine must be so frustrating! I hope things go well at the dealer...
I love the fabric you chose for your bedroom. It will look so nice when you get the valance done!
As for your machine... I have to agree with the above comments. Stick to your guns and demand a replacement. Complain to the highest person in the company you can access. Squeak as loud as you can until you get your 'oil'. This is ridiculous!
Oh my sounds like you have a lemon of a machine. I would definitely demand a replacement; those machines are too expensive to put up with all that annoyance. If the dealer balks then take it up with the Better Business Bureau and the company. Raise a fuss!!
Pat,
You have made some great progress on your repairs- The pillows look great...
You sure have had problems with your machine- it does sound like a real lemon. I hope that you are able to get a solution soon so that you can happily create again,
Warmest regards,
Anna
Lov your pillows, can't wait to see your room all together...but I am sure you are more anxious than I am.
Sorry about your machine and you are right, this should not be happening.....go after them!!
I am so sorry about your sewing machine.
I am so sorry about your sewing machine.
Love your pillows and a valance to match will look amazing! Sorry to hear about your machine problems. I agree with what Kathy said. Be proactive! Make some noise! It's not fun to sew with a machine that makes you crazy!
What pretty inviting looking pillows! I have never had a Janome...hope it all works out soon.
Contact the company directly. The comment about sending to every name that is on their contact list is right on target. Also put a cc on the bottom noting the Better Business Bureau....did that on an issue for a different product and company and got an answer and resolution immediately.
Golly Gal I am so sorry about your machine and I don't understand because I have 3 janome machines and a janome serger. I would not put up with this so go in there wiht your gloves on!!
Post a Comment