I had hoped to show you the completed Barrister's Block from the Sylvia's Bridal Sampler. However....when I was partway through the block, my non-reliable, year-old Janome once again acted up and jammed. I had only fully completed the top left section of the block....as you can see in the photo. The rest is still in bits and pieces. I was too disgusted to set up my back-up RELIABLE Husqvarna. (I hadn't yet returned it to my girlfriend....to whom I had loaned it recently.) The Husqvarna doesn't have some features I really like....such as needle up/down......so I really don't like having to switch back to using that, but....at least it doesn't jam my fabric and shudder and shake and make horrible noises as it does that. I will call the dealer today to discuss my consistently malfunctioning machine. I will, of course, update as I get further information. Thanks to those of you who said you would write letters or send emails to Janome if they don't get serious soon about my "lemon" of a machine. I think it might interest them to know that there are people all over the place who are aware of it because of our blogs (and would quite possibly steer clear now of a Janome when buying a new machine)!!!
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
PART of another block for Sylvia's Bridal Sampler....
I had hoped to show you the completed Barrister's Block from the Sylvia's Bridal Sampler. However....when I was partway through the block, my non-reliable, year-old Janome once again acted up and jammed. I had only fully completed the top left section of the block....as you can see in the photo. The rest is still in bits and pieces. I was too disgusted to set up my back-up RELIABLE Husqvarna. (I hadn't yet returned it to my girlfriend....to whom I had loaned it recently.) The Husqvarna doesn't have some features I really like....such as needle up/down......so I really don't like having to switch back to using that, but....at least it doesn't jam my fabric and shudder and shake and make horrible noises as it does that. I will call the dealer today to discuss my consistently malfunctioning machine. I will, of course, update as I get further information. Thanks to those of you who said you would write letters or send emails to Janome if they don't get serious soon about my "lemon" of a machine. I think it might interest them to know that there are people all over the place who are aware of it because of our blogs (and would quite possibly steer clear now of a Janome when buying a new machine)!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
ArRRRRGH!
and why would we spend our hard earned dollars for a machine that the company doesn't stand behind?
We will spread the word on Facebook too!
Why would anyone buy a machine that the company won't stand behind? No way!
Good luck.
Doesn't Janome realize that they are shooting themselves in the foot when they don't stand behind their products? I can understand your frustration, and hope your situation gets solved, and quickly, too!
Good luck with them it will be interesting to see if they follow up with something. Thanls for posting
Good Grief!! What a pain in the you know where!!! I hope they just hand over a new machine!!
Crispy
Oh my goodness. I would be "enough already" with this machine and she can give me my money back or a newer machine period! Treat your customers fairly!
If she thinks it is "okay" she can resell it then!
Go to the local/state BBB and complain also your State Attorney General. Just sounds like the dealer does not want to have to maybe lose a bit of money.
Wonder if there is any others with this one machine who have had difficulties also. Maybe try a search.
We are 2 inches of rain and still raining today!!
We can all spread the word that's for sure, we quilters love to talk! Keep us updated please Pat! Loved the pics of your church, what a wonderful building...
Sorry Pat, I feel your frustration!!
Not again!!! I understand your frustration!
Oh, I too can feel your frustration. It comes through loud and clear. I'd be ready to throw the machine out the window (although where would that get you?)
Good luck with your next set of complaints. I'll write a letter on your behalf if you need to. And, honestly, I don't think I'd ever buy a Janome after hearing about your issues with the machine AND the company!!!
Oh Pat! I hope Janome works this out for you soon. I do love your blocks...the sage green is really pretty.
Post a Comment