Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Mosaic 3 block.....


Here is another block for the SBS (Sylvia's Bridal Sampler) quilt. It is called Mosaic 3 and it is the first one I've done from the book that is paper pieced. I really enjoy doing paper-piecing....so this was a fun block for me to do and I'll look forward to the remaining blocks that are paper pieced. The applique blocks will prove to be the toughest for me...and I really should choose one of them and do it soon (or I'll be left with ONLY applique blocks at the end). I hope you won't get bored of seeing blocks I'm doing from this book posted here. Since there are 140 of them and this is only the 11th one I've shown, there is a LONG way to go yet. :-)

Tomorrow, I'll think of something different to post, okay?

18 comments:

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

I'm loving this quilt. It will be sooo much fun watching the progress.

Pat

Jackie's Stitches said...

I've only done one paper pieced project - it was very small - but I really enjoyed it. Not as scary as I thought! Can't wait to see the applique!

Crispy said...

I love seeing your blocks Pat!! I would love to see an applique one :0)

Crispy

Gene Black said...

I like paper piecing too. I am totally afraid of appliqué. I have yet to even try it. Bad me. I guess I need to set myself a deadline. Who knows, I may love it once I start.

Anonymous said...

This is very pretty! Paper-piecing makes such perfect blocks, and when they are smaller blocks, it's definitely the method of choice. Points are about as perfect as they can be. There are a lot of paper-pieced blocks in my Dear Janes, but I haven't worked on that quilt for awhile. I'll either get back to it soon, or take the blocks I've completed and make a smaller Baby Jane quilt. ;)

luv2quilt2 said...

It's a beautiful block. Don't hesitate to show us all 144 of the blocks. I know we all love seeing the work that our online friends are doing.

Tangos Treasures said...

Pretty!! Love the progress, it's going to be beautiful!

quiltingnana said...

I've seen that book in catalogues...looks good -maybe I'll have to get it

Pat's Place said...

I LOVE paper piecing. I did some lovely Christmas ornaments one year in paper piecing. That was fun. Maybe I need to get that pattern out and do some more this year--when things settle down here.

Angela said...

Paper piecing is my fav type of quilting. Loving your quilt.

The Other Barb said...

enjoy looking at each quilt block Pat. Only 133 left to go :) you can do it!

Cora said...

Hi Pat, I enjoy seeing the blocks. I'm also just beginning to try applique ane paper piecing is next. What a good way to try new blocks.

Scrappy quilter said...

I've never done any paper piecing. As to applique..it's not my favorite although I've done quite a bit of it.

Very nice block.

Val said...

Oh I just love this block. It is gorgeous. This is my first visit to your blog and I have really enjoyed it.

Gari in AL said...

Are you going to do all 140 of them? That will be some quilt!

Kim D. said...

Love the green fabric it almost looks like one from the Fairy Frost line.

LINDA BYLSMA said...

You are keeping us entertained with all of these different blocks.

Kelee Katillac said...

Hi Pat!

We are adding your blog to the list...but not a hotlink as you did not post a pet parade post today.

We e-mailed Kay several times in the last 2 weeks for info and hadn't heard about your blog! She may have mentioned it earlier.....long summer.:):)

Thank-you so much!!!! Your group did MUCH!!!!!!!!!
We LOVE you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kelee & oliver