Thursday, September 17, 2009

Janome problems' update......and daughter's surgery update...

As an update to the continuing problems with my Janome, I want to let you know the tally of what I sent to the Janome CEO. The envelope was quite heavy, thanks to the many of you who feel so badly for me and have rallied to support me. There were 29 letters in the envelope (in addition to my cover letter). The letters were from 14 states and 3 countries. The states represented were: Alabama, California, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Michigan, New Jersey, North Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, and Wisconsin. I will, of course, let you know what response (if any) I get in regards to this mailing. I hope I can soon tell you that Janome stepped in and took care of the situation. In the meantime, I think it would be wise to continue to warn people in the market (now or soon) for sewing machines that they might want to be wary of Janome until they determine if the company stands behind their product to the point of going to bat for their customers when a machine exhibits continuing problems. As someone said in their email to me....a product is only as good as the customer service that stands behind that product!!! I thank all of you who are concerned about this on my behalf and want to see this sad situation come to a happy resolution. I am not trying to get another machine from them....I want my money back, pure and simple, as (based on my experience this past 6 months) I just don't trust Janome to BE there when needed if a machine has chronic, persistent problems!

My daughter had an allergy to the painkiller they gave her and that's been straightened out, but she also had some bleeding (that should not have occurred) so she has to go in and have it drained today. Apparently, this does happen for some people and I guess it will set her back a few days with physical therapy and her return to work, but I'm hoping the rest of her recovery goes smoothly. Thank you to all who have expressed concern about her and been keeping her in your thoughts and prayers. Okay...next....

I did get two more of Gyleen's quilt photos to lighten up enough to show them here. First is the main side of the quilt (one of the old ones she acquired and finished for her book....that I spoke about yesterday). And the second photo is of the back side of that quilt....with Gyleen's creativity showing on how she makes her quilt backs look great, too.

19 comments:

LINDA BYLSMA said...

Well. now we all keep our fingers crossed for you in the continuing saga of the Janome. Best of thoughts.
What a delight to have taken that class. The quilts you have shown us are incredible.

Gene Black said...

We are hoping for a good outcome on the Janome. I think the dealer is the problem AND I hope when Janome gets your mailing, they step right up and do what is right.

If I get a chance I will take a class from Gyleen.

Tangos Treasures said...

Wow 29 letters! Wahoo hope it goes well!
Prays out for your daughter!

That quilt it sooo pretty & the back WOW

Crispy said...

Aw your poor daughter, at least it isn't uncommon but it's awful that she had this set back.

Ya know as a hand quilter I cringe seeing these pretty backs to quilts...all those seams to sew through LOL. They are wonderful!!

Crispy

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

POWER TO THE QUILTERS..here is hoping the letters work!!

Prayers for your daughters speedy recovery. No more problems!!

I have loved the Gyleen pics. The pics are wonderful. Thanks for the wonderful photos!

Pat

luv2quilt2 said...

I hope everything is now taken care of for your daughter and that she will have a speedy recovery. I don't see how Janome can ignore what you've sent to them. Good luck with your continuing issue wiwth them.

Terri said...

And these are the days of the janome. Ha! Like a sopa opra huh. I hope it get resolved. I agree witht he customer service comment .

hetty said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for a happy solution to your Janome problems. And sending positive, healing vibes and cyber hugs to your daughter for a speedy recovery. Love the quilt, especially the back!

Needled Mom said...

I do hope that is the end of the complications for your daughter. Yikes!

We all await news from Janome to see what their product supposrt will be. I firmly believe it is the dealership and I don't blame you for not wanting to deal with them anymore. I have a Janome and love it, but I have an awesome dealership who understood my problems with our Bernina dealer.

Danielle said...

Hoping your daughter does well from here on, despite the complications... will thinking of her.

I hope the Janome problems are solved soon for you. It is true about the dealer being just as important as the machine! Although, the machine should NOT have problems to begin with! They certainly cost enough LOL!

Purple Quilter Queen said...

I've never been a fan of those "fancy" brand machines. I hope you get the resolution you want. Best of luck. Nice that you had so many supporters send letters too. Jenn

Barb said...

I am sure Janome will take notice...that is great that you got all tha support...aren't bloggers wonderful.

Love the quilts.

Hugs to you....don't let all this get to you.

Sara said...

Let's hope they take notice!!! And, refund your money!

Those quilts are really nice - Think that woman is way talented!!!!

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that your daughter is having a few problems with the surgery...keeping her in my thoughts...

Wendy said...

Pat I am so glad you are standing up for to Janome...they need to know this is not right !!!...your wonderful friends support is a blessing... hang in there....prays and hugs for you and your daughter...

JustCindy said...

I agree with the other's I think it is a customer service problem. I have 3 Janomes and love everyone of them like they are my children. Had a little snag with one of them, called the dealer and they emailed me a list of things to check for and it was the third thing on the list. I really hope Janome resolves this.

Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed then!!

Julia said...

We are hoping tha janome people take notice and for a good outcome on the Janome.
All the best for your DD speedy recovery..
Goegeous quilts!
Julia ♥

Scrappy quilter said...

I hope you get a respose and one that suits you.

Vals Quilting said...

Hi Pat, I just posted on my blog about my Janome experience and it's been awful on the corporate side - I cannot believe it. Mary left a comment on my blog sending me to you - I'm so glad she did. I did as much research as I could find out when I was deciding to purchase it and the Kelowna shop has been selling Janome's for 30+ years so you'd think they would know what they are talking about, right?
http://www.pastimesonline.ca/vals-quilting/2010/6/18/janome-horizon-7700-review-entry-222.html