Friday, September 25, 2009

Heading to school......


This happy face is my little granddaughter when I drove her to school yesterday morning. (Click to enlarge.) Isn't she cute? Can you tell she was happy to have me drive her there? It was fun to see her classroom and meet her teacher...and to have her "teach" me some of the things she has been learning in kindergarten. (In case you are wondering, the big bag of pretzels is her contribution to all the special snacks they will have today to celebrate Johnny Appleseed's birthday........pretzels was something the teacher suggested to me so I dropped them off with Jessi yesterday.) Tomorrow I may have some "quilty" photos to show. I looked over my Sylvia's Bridal Sampler book on the ferry ride and decided on the next several blocks I'd like to make...so, hopefully, I'll get at least one of them done today and can have it here to show you tomorrow.

14 comments:

Gene Black said...

Jessi is always so pretty!

Yay for quilty photos. I should be making my next post today or tomorrow. (hint hint)

Kaye said...

Jessie is adorable and so photogenic. I like her in the headbands, this is a great picture

luv2quilt2 said...

She's a little cutie, and I know you love spending time with her. Can't wait to see your Sampler photos.

karenshopes said...

Ah its lovely to see them going off to school,she looks very pleased with herself.
Karen

Crispy said...

Aw Pat she's such a cutie!! I'm going to purchase the Sylvia's Bridal Sampler book today!!

Crispy

Jocelyn said...

awww what a cutie. Kindergarten is such a great time of learning. Hope she has a great year!

Barb said...

She is adorable!! When ya coming home?

Anonymous said...

That little infectious smile always looks great on your blog! :)

blushing rose said...

Thee is nothing more fun & loving than a child .. they bring such joy to the heart. She is a knock up gorgeous beauty! TY for sharing. Have a wonderful weekend. TTFN~ Marydon

Sara said...

She is just too cute...and what did you learn? I'll bet it is a joy to have her in a classroom.

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

It's so fun to have family visit the kid's classrooms! You are fortunate to be close enough to do that. I got confused because I thought you had come home from Jessi's but now you are back there again. I think I must have missed something!

Pat said...

No...you are right, Sandi...I am back from there. I said on the post that I took her to school yesterday. (After I dropped her off, I drove to Cape May and got the ferry back to Delaware.) I'm still home in Delaware now and hope to be home for a bit yet!

Scrappy quilter said...

Awe what a cutie. Did you decide on the sewing machine? I'd have to say make sure you get a warranty and try it out at a dealership BEFORE you bring it home. At least they did respond. Hugs

Jackie's Stitches said...

She is such a cutie!

Can't wait to see what sampler blocks you've picked to do next!