Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Callling all my blogger friends......

A rare second post (in one day) from me......Kaye and I went to the dealer with my Janome. When we walked in the door, the sales/repair gal said, "Are you ready to sit and sew for me?" I thought she was joking, but she actually wanted me to sit and sew UNTIL the machine acted up right in front of her. I have told them it's an intermittent problem and sometimes it happens in as little as a few hours...and sometimes not for many hours. She shrugged her shoulders and said, "Well....if you don't sew here and I don't see it happen, I can send it to our repair shop but they can't sit and sew on it and they will just not find anything again like last time and send it back to you again." She then proceeded to tell me how nobody else has ever had this problem and that when I had the problem in March, they gave me a new machine and sent THAT machine to Janome, who checked it out and found nothing wrong with it and now it's back on their sales floor and works fine. Are they saying I am making this UP??? Do they think I want to drive 40 minutes each way repeatedly for no reason at all???? Nobody seems to understand that this problem only happens occasionally, BUT...it shouldn't happen at all. On one hand, the gal was telling me I should NOT have been told to expect this to happen when I picked up my "new" machine in March (and she spoke to the gal who told me that...who claims she didn't say that). THEN...in the next breath, she was telling me herself not to worry about it if it happens....basically to ignore it and rethread it, which seems to be the same thing the other gal told me in March. Kaye was with me and pointed out on the way home how this gal was a master at double-speak. The gal told me flat-out that I will NOT be given a new machine....that they did that in March (which I still don't believe they did, by the way). A refund seems to be out of the question, too. I was not happy with this...sat and sewed for about 15 minutes and told her this was ridiculous....that I could sit there for 6 hours and have nothing happen but that I'd leave it with them as the machine was of NO use to me when I can't trust it to be reliable and am fearful every time I sit down with it that it will do this jamming thing again.

SO.........at this point, I would like to ask those of you who offered support to contact me via email (my email is on my profile here on the blog). I will needyour help so Janome knows that people are WATCHING the sad story of my bad luck with this machine.....and I think there is an easy way to do this. If you are one who is willing to participate in this effort, email me and I'll send you my idea of how to coordinate the effort so it is most effectively heard at Janome headquarters. I was near to tears today in the store about this....and quite angry, too. This just is NOT right. Maybe nobody else has ever had this problem, but....there is a first time for everything, right????? And..."lucky" me to be the "first" one to have these problems. *sigh* I appreciate the help and support so many of you are willing to give me.

27 comments:

Barb said...

Count me in!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'll help too!

luv2quilt2 said...

count me in

Betsy said...

you've got it!

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Oh I'm so IN...

Pat

LINDA BYLSMA said...

Right on!
One thing that was always preached to me in the business world: If people get good service, they don't usually tell anyone or the dealer. But if they get a bad product or bad service, they will tell 100 people.
I know I will never consider purchasing a Janome after this event.

Needled Mom said...

I'm in too.

Unknown said...

I'm all in......

Jean said...

Just sounds like the bs they give people so that they won't bother them anymore. If she knows what the problem is, then she should be able to tell the repair person. So you don't think you were given a new machine, but she says she gave you one?

Gene Black said...

you have my email I will be loud!

Sherry said...

Count me in

Kathy said...

I'll be glad to help you. Hey, do you have the original paperwork when you bought the machine? Look and see if there is a serial number on the paperwork. If so, compare it to the SN on your machine.

Gene Black said...

or if you have the original box, you can compare serial numbers that way also. Most items these days have the SN on the box.

Greg said...

Add me to your list. I love giving companies who screw people a few choice words.

andsewon said...

Whatever you need Pat... I am there..;-)

Tangos Treasures said...

Oh yes count me in!!

hetty said...

Count me in, Pat.

Rachel said...

You know I'm in!

(Your Husquvarna did a nice job on the blocks, by the way.)

Danielle said...

count me in, too!

Pat's Place said...

I'll NEVER buy one of THEIR machines!! And I will write whatever you tell me! Customer service, beware!! Here we come!

The Other Barb said...

I'll help.

Kathy said...

I'll help. There is definitely something wrong with that machine or maybe that model.

sewing_passion said...

I can't believe the poor service you have been given! I have 2 Janome machines and love them. My dealer is fabulous and helpful. Your experience will make me think twice about purchasing another Janome product. Count me in on your list. I'll email you later today.

Tracy said...

Thanks for contacting me, Pat... for I have had a similar issue with my Janome machine! I just sent you an email. Let me know how things turn out for you. My own machine situation is still unresolved...I've just gotten used to my wonky machine, and glad to have a working back-up machine for the wonky times--LOL! Hope all goes well for you... Happy sewing--LOVE your quilting! :o)

ooglebloops said...

I'm in - sorry - a little behind in catching up on my blog reading!!!

ooglebloops said...

And, HOW EMBARRASSING to be told to sit there and sew - like a child being watched over to see if they are doing something wrong!!!
I can relate also to Sandi and her car problem - my car would make a noise and everyone doubted me - including my husband - I must be nuts. Since it only did it while I was driving, I must be hearing things or doing something wrong! Now, really!!! Sounds like that sales person needs a new line of work!!!!Marie Osmond was affiliated with Janome in a quilt contest with her line of fabric - maybe we should all email her too!! LOL

Julie said...

I'm just catching up on my blog reading too. HOW rude and frustrating. Having been through an equally difficult time with a repairer do you have another service centre you can go to? I'm very interested to see the outcome, I've just bought a Janome overlocker and am contemplating a Janome machine for my next purchase. Good luck.