Yesterday we went with friends and their greyhound and our little dog to the beach. Twice a year in southern Delaware, there is a greyhound weekend. It's called Greyhounds Reach the Beach. The one in October is attended by LOTS of people and greys......a couple of thousand greys, usually. The one in April doesn't have many attendees, but since we live so close to it, we have gone every year recently. Below are some of the photos taken yesterday. You should be able to click on them to enlarge them. It was a glorious day....not windy...and temperature of 75 with bright sunshine and blue skies. Of course, today it will not go above 60 and the rain is returning for a couple of days. *sigh*
People and their pets enjoying the nice weather.

Our friend, Linda, with her greyhound, Chatsworth.
He had just taken a drink of the salty water....
and didn't like it at all.

Another look at people enjoying the great day.

My husband with our little dog, Pepi, who is a senior...
around 11 years old now. The guy squatting down behind them in the
picture is a professional photographer who was there taking photos
of the dogs on the beach. Our dog HATES the beach. I guess he doesn't
realize how lucky he is to live near the beach...many would LOVE that...
but not him. Silly boy!!!
15 comments:
Any day at the beach is a good day.
Love the greyhounds - have known quite a few!!! My friend, http://bitsandpiecesoflife53.blogspot.com/
lives near you and volunteers for a new shelter (the name escapes me) and is at every greyhound day!!!
Oh that looks so lovely...I miss the ocean beach, the salty air, the smell of seaweed and dying sea creatures, creosote and sand in every crevice. I really do miss all that, the land lubbers in ND would never understand.
Crispy
Seems like you had a fun day at the beach too.
The BEACH defines me. My summers growing up on a sandspit, digging clams, catching crab, fishing off the back porch. Crispy says it all. I can't be too far from the beach. When I went to college in Eastern Washington, that is what I missed the most. What a beautiful day.
Looks like you all had a great day. Too bad we didn't think to take Emily, but I am sure she would have gone swimming. We would have needed a 20ft leash for her!LOL. Did photographer take Linda's picture for the newspaper?
Oh, Pepi, you don't know how lucky you are to live near the beach. Wanna trade places? My dogs would absolutely adore being there. Mind you, they are both so badly behaved that I would probably be reluctant to take them.
Beautiful photos, Pat. What a lovely day you had!
The beach! Looks like a wonderful day...It looks like Chatsworth is doing well too. I just loved the story of how your friend went to get him and he put his head on her shoulder on the drive home, priceless! and precious!
Pepi is a cutie-pie, maybe Chatsworth could teach him a thing or two about liking the beach as long as it's not drinking the salt water, LOL!
Your beach is so much nicer than ours....
Loved the photos....and tell you dog that next time you will just go to the beach without him.
Looks like a gorgeous day. When I talked to Zach today, he mentioned how nice it was there yesterday. He said they played ultimate frisbee all aftenoon. :)
I can almost smell the ocean in your photos...So, what kind of a dog is Pepi???
Oh, yes, Pepi should learn to like the beach because it is so much better than taking a walk in the snow. He could ask Kaiser what it's like to have to do your duties when the wind chill is 20 below. LOL!!
Hi Pat,
My dog, Bonnie (black lab), is so jealous of the beach trip! She would gladly trade places with Pepi. I'll have to take her this week, even though it's supposed to rain here. :-) Hope all is well!
oh I would love to live near a beach such as this! Just to sit and enjoy the sounds of the waves, and the smells off the water... sigh....
Your so lucky to live that close to the beach! Oh........how lucky!!
Post a Comment