Friday, April 17, 2009

Some Friday fun!

Quilter Husband's Lament (I think my hubby should read this and realize he doesn't have it as bad as THIS guy has it!!!)

I've always learned that life was full of obstacles and woes.
I've learned to live with sickness, death, taxes, heaven knows.
I've taken all these things in stride, the problems and the strife,
But one I didn't count on was a Quilter for a wife.

Come home from work, the stove is cold, the dirty clothes still there,
The suit I wanted cleaned today, still laying on the chair.
"Where's Mama, son?" I asked my boy, "This house is such a mess.
Why, all the sheets are missing, we've been burglarized I guess."

"No, Mama stripped down all the beds and took the sheets away.
She cut them into little strips and pieced two quilts today."
"Why every pair of pants I own is cut in little squares."
"I'm demonstrating applique", my lovely wife declares.

I show up in the office in my boxer shorts and tie.
My secretary giggles and the clerks give me the eye.
It's freezing cold, I'm shaking and my knees are turning blue.
My boss considered firing me, but his wife's a quilter too.

I told him what had happened and he said he could believe.
I noticed that the coat he wore had only half a sleeve.
A husband needs a loving wife to help him when he's ill.
To soothe and comfort, mop his brow and help him take his pills.

Should influenza strike you, your life's not worth a dime,
Particularly if it hits at Quilt Convention time.
You'll lay there in an empty house in pain and deep despair,
While the workshops and the lectures keep your wife's attention there.

You learn to ask no questions when she smiles and drives away,
Rushing to the Fabric Shop for a big sale there today.
She's gone for hours, then drags back home all bleary eyed and down,
Now who'd believe a lie like that? She must be running round.

But I'll get by, I always do, some days are fine, some not.
When your wife's a Quilter you tolerate a lot.
I know that when my life is through and I have passed away
They'll have to set my funeral so it's not a Quilting Day.

-Author Unknown-

10 comments:

Carlotta said...

Oh that was so funny, and so true!!! There are days when I let the housework go for a lil quilting time. Thanks for the laugh this morning.
~Tootles for now!

Gene Black said...

I thought it was just me that was that bad. I have bought clothing thinking, this will make great quilt fabric after I have worn it for awhile. Then I went back to that same store and the same shirt was on sale, so I bought one (in extra large) to cut up for quilting. (((sigh)))

Betsy said...

Ah, so true, so true.

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!!

The Other Barb said...

a great way to start my day! Thanks for the laugh :)

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Thanks for a good LOL Pat!

Crispy said...

ROFLMBO, that is too funny. Bob picks threads off of me while I'm grilling him a cheese sandwich saying "She love me, she loves me not". Such a comedian, sometimes he's lucky he gets a hot cooked meal LOL.

Crispy

Barb said...

That is sooooo funny. Like the comercial with the husband sleeping and a patch is missing from his shirt and two ladies are quilt....too funny.

Haven't felt like quilting lately....hope the feeling comes back soon.

Sara said...

Thank you for the fun laugh - I enjoyed that very much...

Julia said...

Love this..my DH can relate to this..
heaven forbid that he passes away on a quilting day!!
My house is full of cottons from one end to the other..
Julia ♥