Thursday, April 16, 2009

Wishing for warm weather......


Today I came across this photo of a butterfly block (appliqued by machine) that was made for the BOM raffle for a quilt guild I belonged to a few years ago. It was a fun block and I think it looked nice when done. (I didn't win the batch of blocks that month...I won them two other times when I didn't particularly want them and did give one batch away to a friend who loved them.) Anyway...this butterfly block makes me yearn for warmer weather since we have many types of butterflies in southern Delaware and there are three very healthy butterfly bushes I can see from my screen porch. This allows me to enjoy beautiful butterflies of many sizes and colors all season long. With the weather we've had lately, I wonder if warm weather will truly get here anytime soon. *sigh* Maybe I will try to find my pattern for this butterfly and make some more of these blocks in hopes that Mother Nature will see me and understand I NEED warm weather now...enough of cold and rain and needing the heat running in the house in the middle of April! Sheesh.......

10 comments:

Betsy said...

maybe soon.

Crispy said...

I too yearn for spring to stay. We've had 3 days of 60 degree weather in a row and now that I have 4 days off, it's cooling down and will rain. So much for my plans to get the windows washed and shampoo the carpet, guess I'll have to sew instead...poor poor Crispy LOL.

Gene Black said...

this morning is the coldest we have had in days....I need WARM or even HOT for a while.... trip in the making for me!

ooglebloops said...

Tiny little butterflies are just starting to surface here - it won't be long.....!!!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty block, and such nice, even machine-applique stitches!

LINDA BYLSMA said...

We are still having frost every morning. And, we are trying to plan a trip to see the tulips, but they are so late, due to the cold, the annual Tulip Festival might be over by the time they are in good show! Maybe next week.

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Get in the car and come to Atlanta. It's getting warmer and the city is in bloom. We have had a cold wet spring but we have been in a drought so the rain is a very good thing. I planted my geranium pots this morning.

Still writing and working on Market stuff will get in touch later.

Pat

Barb said...

I love butterflies, real or otherwise...love them in quilts...yep, I love butterflies. I am trying to think if we have them here and what kind??? We have moths.... hummm I will have to pay more attention.

Myra said...

It will come Pat! Our warm sunny weather was here for the last two days, but today it is cloudy, though warm enough, but apparently will be raining later... Going to try and get a walk in with the fur-girls before that!
Lovely butterfly photo there! It's adorable! 8-)
Thinking to post some of my applique photos... Don't think I have yet!?!
Happy stitchings!

The Other Barb said...

your wish came true..at least here in NJ. It is a beautiful day with the promise of even nicer tomorrow. have a great one!