
I am in the process of making this tiny quilt...probably should click on it to see it closer. It is a miniature quilt......about 8 inches by 10 inches. It still needs to be sandwiched and quilted and have a binding put on it. It is for our guild's silent auction of mini's that will be done at our fall quilt show. I am intending to hand-quilt it...putting flower motifs in the green squares and a smaller flower motif in the very center square (the tan one). I'm not liking that tan one and wish I'd used another color there. OH, well....too late now. I was determined to use only SCRAPS for this and succeeded....so I'm happy about that. I will probably make a couple more.....using different blocks and maybe not exactly this size. I want to do one with lots of really TINY blocks......maybe teeny tiny string blocks....lots of them. I think that would be fun and I sure have enough scraps to do it!!! I think, though, there would be too many seams if I did teeny tiny string blocks. Well...back to the drawing board for more ideas for other mini's. I'll show you this one again once the hand-quilting is finished on it.
14 comments:
What a good idea, work that machine,keep it humming!
What a cute little quilt.
I love miniature quilts, but I've only made one, and it really wasn't that little. Mine was about 15" square.
It took a lot of patience, which I seem to lack.
I'm looking forward to seeing you finish this.
Pat, how about on the tan block doing the quilting with a colored thread? or maybe hand embroidering something on it? You will still have used the scrap, but get to add color to it too.
Pat, did you paper piece this block? It reminds me of the Dear Jane blocks I've been working on for over 2 years. Each of them could be a tiny quilt.
love this tiny quilt!
oh how cute.
i think that the tan strip adds character pat.
:D
can't wait to see it finished.
:D
I love the colors in this little quilt and don't mind the tan. The colors make me think of a really pretty flower bed. When you get it quilted it will be lovely. And somebody is going to be lucky to win it!!
Cute little quilt Pat. I agree with what Gene said...quilting in a color will help tone down the tan square, though I kinda like it.
Crispy
Pat this is so cute.
I too am making a mini from scraps using the leaders and enders system.
I think I make more quilts from my scrap bin then from my stash.
Pat, that is really cute...I like it - can't wait to see it finished and what you put into the green squares
Pat I really like this mini.I have a hard time with small. I think if you use a color thread say like the border, quilting in the tan square will look great and blend into the piece.
Hope that machine is humming along for ya!
Nice job Pat. Doing that mini stuff requires such accuracy and yours looks great.
What a cute little quilt! I just love small quilts here and there in my home. You can have so much fun with this one.
Pat, I like the tan...what a pretty little quilt!!! And quilting flower motifs will be perfect!! Hugs, Mary
Post a Comment