
Yes...the title of this says it all...this log cabin (made from my scraps) is little AND lazy!!! I needed a small wall-hanging in those colors, so it served the purpose nicely. THAT explains the "little" part of the title. Now...for the "lazy" part......I just did some very simple quilting along the edges of it and I did NOT do a binding. I am one who actually enjoys doing bindings (I know...call me crazy) and I rarely get this lazy, but with this piece, I just did the "pillowcase" method and sewed three and a half sides of it and then flipped it and sewed the opening closed and then did my minimal quilting. So....now you understand the title of the post...little AND lazy, but hey...I needed it done quickly, so I'm excused, right? I'm not usually into naming my quilts (because I can never think of good names) but I'm going to name this one officially now.....Little and Lazy it is!
14 comments:
Pat it is cute. Not lazy though. LOL
I clicked on the pic to get a closer view of it and it really doesn't need a binding at all. It looks wonderful the way it is. The stitching around it adds a little something so...yes you are excused. lol
Ah, the beauty of simplicity. I think that is why the Log Cabin is used so often.
Very cute Pat. Making a small project can be very satifying and gives you a sense of accomplishment. I don't think you were lazy....just frugal with your time...besides you wanted it and you wanted it NOW LOL.
Crispy
My favorite block! Very nice, Pat...
what a great idea to pillow case ! This is a cute wall hanging. Like to colors .
Also enjoyed your beach pics from your earlier blog. I live abt 1 hr from Ocean City NJ but haven't gotten down there yet this year. Usually my husb & I go in the winter just to walk the boardwalk. In the summer I go with my daughter and watch her surf. There's something relaxing abt the sand & surf.
That's not lazy! That's a finished quilt! And in my book that's all that counts!
Hmmm. Thanks for the confession. I didn't think that was allowed, but now I'm going to try it. I hate binding!!!
I loved reading about the greyhounds on the beach that would be a wonderful site. I love this wall hanging its great, I love the colours. I hate binding too I can only do binding by hand.
Simple and cute. Done! 8-)
Very cute, and funny you should mention no binding. This is how I sewed all my quilts before I learned binding. haha. I like it. Now I feel like if I don't bind it, it's naked or not completed. However, yours looks great.
Nothing wrong with a short cut every once in a while...looks good.
I think it is very cute...Log cabin quilts are much prettier when they are simply done...
Pat, beautiful quilt. I love red quilts. We all like to take short cuts, well I do.
Post a Comment