Saturday, April 25, 2009

Isn't this cute?

This is a little wall-hanging (the kind that goes on a tiny quilt hanger) that I made for the gal who babysits for my granddaughter. For Christmas, I made her 3 mini's for the little star quilt hanger I gave her...one was an evergreen tree...the second was a snowman..the third was Valentine hearts...and the fourth was shamrocks. I told her I'd make more for her so she could change them with the holidays and seasons. This flower will be mailed to her on Monday. You might recall I made her one for Easter and blogged about it. (The photo is below.) I figured this sunflower could be used from now through the summer, but I do have a cute watermelon pattern and a cute lighthouse pattern, so I may try to make her another one for summer. Then I'll start on fall mini's for her. I love to make these...they are quick and cute!

14 comments:

LINDA BYLSMA said...

cute, cute, cute!

Betsy said...

Charming idea Pat.

Crispy said...

Very cute Pat and what a nice thing to do. I like the watermelon idea...nothing says summer more than a watermelon.

Crispy

rachel griffith said...

very cute!!!

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

These are so great. I love to change things out for the seasons. Can't wait to see your other creations for summer.
~Karen~

Anonymous said...

Pat, you are right, these are very cute, but they would not be quick for me. All of those *perfect* little blanket stitches would take me forever. Lovely work!

The Other Barb said...

these are cute. I love sunflowers!

andsewon said...

Kuuuute! Lucky gal to have you sew for her!! Love changing things with seasons one reason I do a lot of runners!!!

Cathi said...

They're adorable! Love the sunflower!

Barb said...

Those are adorable!! YOu do so many wonderful things for others....you definitely have a quilter's heart!!

Rhonda said...

Pat was a wonderful surprise she will get. You did a great job. I love the flower!!!

Myra said...

What a wonderful and quick little gifty idea! Love it! 8-)

Sara said...

You know if you make small quilts you get to try more patterns and different things. I think that's the way to go!

You always have a finished project - me - not so often!

Molly Mandeville Fryer said...

Love the idea Pat--So much so that I tagged you. I hope you don't mind. Go to my blog and follow suit.