
My blogging friend in FL (Quilting Fiesta...click
HERE to see her blog) decided to do a year-long cottage swap and I am pleased to be part of that. She and 11 others (myself included) each have a month. I am "Miss February". For our month, we are to make 12 wonky cottage blocks with fabrics that represent that particular month. We keep one for ourselves and send the other 11 to their new homes. It sounds like a lot of fun. I ordered a batch of fabric and some cute buttons (to send along for doorknobs on each of the cottages) from Fabric.com and it came today. (See the photos.) I am happy with the fabrics and they included a couple of "cutesies".....a lollipop that says "Go Sew" and a packet of seeds for their 10th anniversary with a cute saying on the back (shown in the last photo).
ALSO...any of you who were following the bag giveaway that was seen on here (after I won Round 3) and didn't win can go try your luck for one of the two remaining rounds by clicking on HERE and going to Ooglebloops' blog.

15 comments:
What a cute idea for a swap. Love your little door knob idea.
Crispy
Pat those fabrics are just yummy. you did good my friend and the heart buttons for doorknobs is a wonderful idea. You are going to spoil us.
what a fun swap.
these quilts are going to be SUPER cute.
i can't wait to see yall's little wonky houses.
what a cute idea for a swap! I really like the wonky cottage house pattern. Did you make that up ? It makes me smile!
your fabric is great....and you are so far ahead! My month is June. I have it almost planned but still looking for a couple SPECIAL fabrics!
Now that's a real "Tipsy House"! ;)
So cute, love the doorknobs too.
What great fabrics!!
I am Miss November. :) I am waiting for all the new Holiday fabrics to come out so I can make my purchases. What a great idea for the doorknob!
Love love love the houses...I'm so jealous of this trade...wow.
Pat
What a great swap idea. Love the doorknob idea my friend.
Getting caught up on your blog posts Pat. Lovely stuff. Fun to see what you are doing.
That is going to be a cool swap. I like your little wonky house...
Pat, What a great swap idea. Love the doorknob idea...makes it that little bit more fun..
Julia ♥
The cottages are going to make a really great swap quilt, I assume kinda like a calendar with the cottage taking on the "feel" of that particular month? Have fun! I've been keeping up here and there but haven't been online much lately. Things are slowing down now and I'm back to good health, yipppeeee. Happy sewing.
Great swap!! Thanks for the link for the bag giveaway!! I thought I linked it, but I guess not - got a few more folks participating after you did that!!!
Sounds like a wonderful swap! Great fabrics and goodies! 8-)
Post a Comment