Sunday, April 5, 2009

An Easter egg hunt on the beach......

Yesterday there was an Easter egg hunt on the bay beach near us. We took little Jessi. It was a sunny day...temperature about 65, BUT....very VERY windy. The kids still had a good time and she was very happy with the 6 eggs she found. She wasn't really fond of this Easter bunny...not sure why.......but she did agree to have a quick photo taken with Bunny!

Here is Jessi with her mom and dad before the egg hunt began. (Living in a town on the outskirts of Philadelphia, you will notice if you enlarge the photo that they had to wear their Flyers' caps....backwards, of course! LOL)Jessi stopped for her Grampy to take a photo of her on the beach after she found those 6 candy-filled eggs and decided that was enough and let the rest of the kids go on digging. (I suspect we will find more eggs on that beach in the early part of the summer because I don't think the kids found them all today in the wind!)
This is the somewhat reluctant photo with the Easter Bunny....that's my hand keeping Jessi in the picture!They had an adult egg hunt, also, and our daughter found several.....for a total of $6 inside them! She was happy...and the lady who found the one "golden egg" with a $25 restaurant gift certificate was even happier. Here is our daughter (cap on forwards now!) hunting for those eggs. They had the adult egg hunt in amongst some beach grass....not quite as easy to find the eggs there as it was on the beach for the kids! The adults had fun, too, as you can see.Of course, we had a show and tell in the car on the way home of what was inside the eggs! (And yes, a Flyers' cap is now on HER head!) Each child also got a small bag with some goodies....so nobody left empty-handed.They will be heading home later today....but we will go out for a nice family breakfast this morning and that will be nice. We had a good birthday dinner last night (cooked by THEM) for my hubby's birthday wonderful salad, dinner rolls, BBQ'd chicken done on the grill, fresh asparagus and mashed potatoes with chives and garlic and a great red velvet cake they brought with birthday candles that don't go out when you try to blow on them...should have had the camera ready for THAT. It was pretty funny!

16 comments:

Barb said...

What a fun day....
I did take a look at that online store below...oh my goodness....that is all I can say...drooling as I looked at that website, thanks for sharing it.

Gene Black said...

It looks like a good time was had by all. Even if it was a bit nippy with all that wind.

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

What a fun weekend. I loved the Easter egg hunt. I think those bunnies scare ALL children don't you? And the family dinner...my favorite..home cooked, home loved so much better than eating out! ok so now here is the truth....I WANT A GRANDBABIE.

Pat

Crispy said...

Oh what a wonderful day you guys all had. Nothing better than time spent with family, your house will feel so empty when they go home.

Crispy

Nancy said...

What great fun to have a hunt on the beach....

Happy Birthday Mr. A Little of This and A Little of Pat....

Betsy said...

Pat she is a doll baby. Happy belated birthday to your SIL.
you have a lovely family Pat.

Needled Mom said...

It looks like a great time was had by all. Yes, I can imagine that you will find eggs for a long time after the egg hunt ends.

Della said...

Jessi is the image of her mommy. What a fun time. Grandkids are the best aren't they.

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

What a great weekend you had!! Those pictures at the beach were beautiful. The blue sky, the Easter Bunny and your little Jessi's smile all spelled sunshine!

Unknown said...

WOW, what a great time you had. I love family time.

The Other Barb said...

you did a great job of putting your fun day into words & pictures. Happy BD to your hubby!

Sandy Gail said...

What a great blog! Now that Judy L. is on a blogging vacation you will be the first one that I check on each day. I just found your blog. I like your style!!!!

Val said...

It sure looked like the egg hunt was a smash hit with everyone! I hate the wind but love, love, love the coast. What a great time to do it at the beach!! This was the first time Jaiden has ever gotten near the Easter bunny who was walking around the store a few days ago. Or maybe it was at the ballet, can't remember for sure. But she did go up to him and I was shocked. Loved looking at the pics!

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

Oh Pat, you look like you had such a fun day!!!! Oh I miss the Ocean....I am glad you got out to have some fun with family! Lots of Hugs, Mary

Angela said...

What great memories you made. Your lil one is adorable! Love her smile. Thank you too, for all the encouragement you give me. It is greatly appreciated.

Sara said...

That looks like a real fun day...

Sounds like a wonderful dinner for hubby's birthday!!! Please tell him Happy birthday for me...