Friday, July 30, 2010

Something nice in the mail.....

Between my part-time job (which I never expected to have in retirement) and a project I can't yet speak about here, I have been nearly overwhelmed and not able to do much that is just "fun" stuff (although the project is fun...but it's just a deadline kind of thing, so that makes it be less fun...LOL). Anyway......I had a nice mailbox package the other day. I won a giveaway at Nancy's blog (click HERE to read her blog). She sent me a really neat notebook that you color the cover design yourself AND a set of Bic Permanent fine-line markers in really COOL colors. I didn't know they came in such great colors. Here is a picture of the stuff after I opened the packageand here is a picture after I'd colored some of the cover (and the design is on the front AND the back). Whew...this is going to be a UFO as it is going to take me awhile to finish coloring this!!! Thanks, Nancy..I love it as I have always been a kid at heart and loved to color. AND....this is the final reminder about my giveaway for a GO! cutter and dies. Click on the sidebar if you've not yet entered and get the info. I'm sad to say that the last few days, I have had people enter who left NO contact information at all.....and when I click on their names to try to find some contact info, I draw a blank and I have to discard their names then. I stressed in my "rules" that I need contact info and I even mentioned it again on AccuQuilt's Facebook page but STILL some folks try to enter with NO contact information. How do they think they would get notified if they won??? Oh, well.....it's their loss as now they aren't even IN the giveaway! NO entries will be accepted after 6 a.m. EASTERN time on Sunday, August 1. The winner(s) will be drawn that day and I'll probably blog about it that night or on Monday morning. Good luck to all and thanks for taking the time to enter. Whoever wins will LOVE that cutter...I promise!

30 comments:

Betsy said...

Great prize Pat. I still color all the things I display in my classroom.

Tangos Treasures said...

Love the prize!!

Gene Black said...

I have never seen those notebooks! I will have to check and see if I can find them around here. I love that idea.

Crispy said...

The notebook is something that would be neat to put by the phone and doodle on while talking. Course I must be the only person left, who doesn't have a cell and my phone is attached so I must sit still to talk LOL.

Crispy

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

So you entered the secret sewing realm too, huh Pat? Can't wait to see what it is!

Nancy said...

Pat. Did I not tell you to stop reminding people about the giveaway? Huh? didn't i? I will never win if you keep talking about it... and I will be gone Monday, so don't be surprised when I can't get hold of you right away on Monday morning to claim my GO-Cutter...I will be at my quilt guilds Work Day...WORKING!! Without a GO!! Hopefully for the last time... RIGHT?

Unknown said...

agreed with nancy, stop reminding people and you know you can close the comments, where no one else can comment? gosh, i'm greedy..i love that notebook, i already have some of those fine point permanent markers, they are lovely

Anonymous said...

You know all the school supplies are out now and I nearly purchased myself a big box of NEW crayons...probably should have just for fun! I miss coloring.

I'm hoping my luck is holding out for the draw! I've sent a few people your way for the GO.

luv2quilt2 said...

I haven't seen markers in those colors, and that notebook looks like fun.

Sherry said...

Dead lines gota love them.

Kaye said...

great colors for the markers. dying to see who wins the GO. hope its one of your followers

Stitched With Prayer said...

Pat, you know, looking at the cover of the tablet from your fun winnings that you are coloring...I think I see a quilt top forming there...hmmmm, yup, a Pat Sloan original, so you need to add in a little orange too. I first found your blog during an "Orange Quilt Along" you hosted about a year or so ago. My very first Quilt Along!!! Though I didn't get my project finished (nor did I recieve the giveaway quilt kit that I won from one of the participants...oh well, no need to go there) I did make some really fun coasters and hot pads out of the blocks I made during that fun, fun quilt along. Good times!!! Okay, I'm off to try to enter the Accuquilt Go giveaway, WooooooooHooooooo! Thanks for a chance to have one of my own and Good Luck to EVERYONE!!!

Rae Ann said...

Coloring is fun at any age! I still color with my grandkids. What a great giveaway!

Anonymous said...

I adore coloring! I didn't know that Bic got back into the marker biz. I remember having a set of bic banana markers back in my younger days.

I can't wait ot find out what your secret project is. I have an idea, though....

:-D)

Rachel said...

What a great gift. My daughter and I love to colour. I find it to be very relaxing.

My fingers are crossed to win the GO! cutter. ;)

Winona said...

Pat, looks like you are having fun with your win. We are never too old to enjoy coloring. Have a great weekend. Winona

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

You know I'm going away to retreat this weekend so if I win your giveaway, you go right ahead and tell the world because I won't mind one bit. I entered the Friday giveaway at Accuquilt so I have two lucky chances to win. Now, I am hoping that this morning's Yahtzee game was a good sign....I play it every morning at breakfast...my first roll was all two's! Yahtzee first thing in the morning. So let's see.....what are the odds that I could win two GO's? LOL!!! I would be happy to win just one! That notebook is really cool. I think you should get Jessi to color it for you. :-) My grandson would love one of these so I will have to see if I can find one.

Needled Mom said...

That coloring looks like it would be a lot of fun!

Pat said...

Nice prize you won. That drawing can be relaxing too. Thank you for sharing.
Happy Quilting!

Barb said...

Yes. fun win....enjoy!

Millie said...

I enjoy coloring with my kids and it is a good and cheap way to relax.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Isn't it weird how much we still like those brand new school supplies?

Denise :) said...

What a nice happy! Enjoy it!! :)

Quilting Lab said...

Hey Pat - Great prize for you now! Taking a coloring break is very relaxing. An aaaww moment!! No pressure!
I missed the boat today when I forgot it was Friday!!! OH NO --- not entered in GO giveaway for this week!! My only chance is your giveaway!!!

Beth said...

Like that notebook cover. I like to color too. I still love to get a brand new, large ox of crayons. LOL

Faith said...

Nothing beats doodling and colouring, you come up with alsorts of ideas and potentials for future quilts and quilt art.
Thankyou for visiting my blog so great to meet another quilter.

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I have never even seen this miraculous cutting tool but I would sure be thrilled to play and win one of these. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

wooohooo!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to be so late entering the GO
give away. Sun Bonnet Sue and the double wedding ring dies are my favorite. The charity I give quilts to is Jordon Valley Hospital. The quilts are given to
all ages, when ever a person can use a little comfort. Thanks for writing your blog....it is a lot of
fun to read

paront1222@comcast.net said...

YAY for coloring.........I love to color too!
So, I commented on your visit to the fair and I remember commenting about your GO cutter, neither of which showed up...I love reading blogs but HATE the comment area sometimes :)

I sure hope I'm the GO cutter winner...... do you take bribes? LOL

Peggy in NJ

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

I love to color designs like that. They have grown up coloring books full of different geometric designs. I buy mine at Michael's.