Sunday, July 18, 2010

WOW....impressive......

I have had many entries already on the giveaway of an AccuQuilt GO! cutter on my blog. (If you missed the post about that, look on the sidebar for it and click there to get the information you need so you can enter the drawing...even if you already HAVE a GO!, you can still participate.) I have been very impressed with the charity projects so many of you already do...and the ones you promise to do if you are a lucky winner!!!

I have had a huge amount of non-fun (read that: non-quilty) stuff that has been taking up my time recently, but I did finish Jelly Roll Block # 10....I varied it a bit and made it to my own style. Here is a picture of it. You can see it better if you click to enlarge it. (It's not been squared yet.)There are 2 more blocks to go. I don't like a few of them so far....so I may look very carefully at the 12 blocks when they are completed and cut it down to my favorite 9 and be done with it. The remaining 3 blocks can then go in my bag of "orphan blocks". NOW......I need a favor from you. Please go to the brand-new blog of my friend (and neighbor), Sherry, and sign on as a follower and make a comment there. Click HERE to get to the blog. She is an awesome quilter......self-taught, but very productive. I once showed you a huge, custom California king quilt she made as a wedding gift (will get that picture out again and have her post it, I think, on her new blog.) So....go there and check her out...okay?

22 comments:

Tangos Treasures said...

Very pretty!

Jackie's Stitches said...

This is a block that I really like. I can see an entire quilt made out of this one!

Gene Black said...

Pat, I made my block similar to yours. I think it would be interesting to make a quilt with both versions of the block (alternate corners turned in with corners turned out)

I went and welcomed Sherry.

Betsy said...

Great block Pat. I love your color selection

Denise :) said...

Done & done! Cute block, by the way. I know what you mean about not really caring for select blocks from a group. Been there! :)

Anonymous said...

Still loving these blocks!

Pat said...

Nice block Pat. Love the fabrics you used.
Happy Quilting!

Needled Mom said...

I am with you on several of those blocks, but I have enjoyed the process.

Crispy said...

I love this block Pat, the prettiest of the bunch so far IMHO.

Crispy

Unknown said...

i like this jelly roll block, I've seen it a few times on others blog as well. going to welcome sherry now

Beth said...

I like your block. I am going to go welcome your friend.

Winona said...

Nice block, Pat. I will visit your friend. Have a wonderful day. Winona

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

I took a trip over to Sherry's blog. You are such a great blogging friend to encourage others to join us. Just think ..... most of us didn't even "know" each other a couple of years ago!! I do love blogging a lot!!

Barb said...

I really need to get busy on mine.....I need to Make alist for my Monday things to do and quilt playing around with these drunkard's path.

nerines said...

Looking great! And yes I totally missed that post but considering I'm not a maker of quilts and wouldn't know where to begin, I don't think it would be fair for me to enter, though it's very lovely of you. Hope you've had a terrific weekend:)

Lindabee said...

I love this block. I would use all 12 blocks with some knock out sashing and make a lap size quilt. Orphan blocks never seem to be adopted.

Judy D in WA said...

I love this block. I'm going to use all mine--hoping sashing will make me like the couple I'm not so happy with. ;0)

Rhonda said...

I like this block.......I think I'd need to see all the blocks to get a better idea of what you do not like about it...to give my opinion.

Unknown said...

Oh, sweetie, this is gorgeous! You have to love it, I do.

Have a beautiful week.
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

jan said...

Off to visit your friend. Love that block by the way. I made a quilt way back with that pattern but not using a jelly roll. They weren't thought of then!!!!!! hee hee
jan

Nanette Merrill said...

I agree with you on some of the blocks. Oh well.

I'll have to check out your friend.

Nanbon44 said...

I love the block, if you ever want to find a home for your orphan blocks you can send them to me and I will put them into one of my charity quilts...