Sunday, July 11, 2010

Check out Micki's Giveaway....

Micki....a wee American gal who is now happily living in Ireland....is celebrating the second anniversary of her blog by having a very nice giveaway. Be sure to click HERE to check it out...even though I would love to win it. OH....make sure you tell her Pat sent you. I don't get extra entries for that, but at least she will know that her blogging friends are sending more people to see her happy and fun blog, okay?

Also......I want to say thank you to all of you who commented and sent emails to me about the loss of our little dog, Pepi, this week. Your words did a lot to comfort me at a time when I was feeling quite down and lost. I still expect to see Pepi everywhere I look....and expect him to greet me at the door when I come home, but I know time will help ease some of that.
And....one last thing.....my good blogging buddy, Gene, told me how to cross something out in a post...which I see people do but I wasn't able to figure it out here. He told me to look for an icon in my "compose" section (which is the section I use when I type my posts) that has an ABC with a LINE through it.....then highlight what I want to cross out in my post...and click that icon. Well...guess what? There is no icon like that in MY compose section.....the only ABC thing up there is the one for spell-check. Gee...I feel cheated...why do some of you have that cool, crossing-out icon and I don't? Mine appears to be lost...can someone tell me how to find it....PLEASE? LOL    OKAY....Gene just helped me FIND the icon by updating my "editor" on my blog......so next time, I can use my cross out "thingy"....YAY!!!!

16 comments:

Terry said...

Don't feel bad Pat...mine doesn't have that cross out thingy either! LOL

Gene Black said...

are you using the "newest version" of blogger compose? I think mine offered me a link to move up to the newer version.

Nancy said...

blogger will not let me explain how to do it here, but I will privately email you and Terry...

luv2quilt2 said...

I noticed the icon after I did an update a couple of months ago, but I haven't had a reason to use it yet.

Crispy said...

I don't know if I have that on mine, probably not because I didn't update to the new editor, I'm happy with the old one. I do all my blogging in the EDIT HTML mode so I just type the code :0)

Crispy

Unknown said...

i was using it, but had to type a special code before or after the cross out, maybe i need to find the update.....or would you be so kind to email to me where it is?

Anonymous said...

u can use < s > and < / s > (without spaces) to do the same thing. Just use the "s" one before the word you want to strikeout and the "/s" one after.

hetty said...

Six months after my favourite cat died, I went to the back door to let him in. I really thought he would be there. I know what you are going through, Pat. Take care.

Myra said...

I am worried about updating things, thus I haven't updated my editor... I hear of frustrations with newer and better, thus stick to what I know... Let me know how it works for you Pat!

Pat said...

Love those sunflowers, Pat.
Happy Quilting!

Unknown said...

G'day Pat ~ I am so sorry to learn of your loss ... it is so hard as we are so used to their being their always.

Your sunflowers are so pretty ... I need to show off mine that the birds 'planted' for me.

Have a lovely summer's day ~
TTFN ~Hugs, Marydon

Winona said...

I am constantly learning new things in the world of blogs. I love it. Glad you are feeling a little better. Have a great day. Winona

Carole Burant said...

Hi Pat, thank you so much for your words of comfort you left me on my post about Ross...so far there's been no change but he has his 3 sons with him now so that will mean a lot to him.

Thanks for the heads up on that giveaway, will go over to check it out and will make sure I mention that you sent me:-)

I had been feeding stray cats for the past 2 1/2 years and managed to trap them all now to bring them in to Pet Save in the hopes of them being adopted. The last one who had 2 kittens were brought in last week and I still look out my window or door every day expecting to see them! It's a hard habit to break so I can understand how you expect to see Pepi everywhere you look. As you say, time does heal:-) xoxo

julieQ said...

Hmmm, I have no idea how to cross out things, but will try the suggestions above. What pretty sunflowers!!

Judy S. said...

So sorry to hear about your dog, Pat. Losing a pet is tough, isn't it? AS others have said, time does heal, at least as far as pets go. I just read your touching post about your mom, and you put into words my thoughts about my mom who's been gone since 1980. And I miss her still and always will.

Katie :o) said...

Oh, Pat! I'm sorry to hear about your dog! Pets are the best buddies!

And, like you, I have been very envious of the ability to cross through things. What a great tool for tongue-in-cheek posts :o)