Isn't that a lovely hand-embroidered towel? (Should be able to click and enlarge it.) I got it from a church friend at a yard sale today. I felt like I wanted to buy something from her and this was so pretty. There was no price on it, but since I wanted to support her sale, I decided to buy it...no matter what she charged me. I was totally shocked when I went up to her and she said "25 cents". I'd have paid a lot more than that for it had she asked. She actually had a few more done in other designs....but I don't know if she was hoping for more money for them.....so I didn't want to go back and ask for them, too. She is in the bell choir with me. I might email her this week and ask her if she'd sell me any she had left over from the yard sale today (if any). Be sure to click on the photo so you can see the work in greater detail. I can assure you, the needle-turn applique is outstanding on this piece...and the stitched flowers are wonderful, too. I'm thrilled with it....and I consider it another "rescue" as somebody took a LONG time to make this piece so nicely and I'd hate for it to have fallen into unappreciative hands!
Sunday, June 7, 2009
A wonderful yard-sale find.....
Isn't that a lovely hand-embroidered towel? (Should be able to click and enlarge it.) I got it from a church friend at a yard sale today. I felt like I wanted to buy something from her and this was so pretty. There was no price on it, but since I wanted to support her sale, I decided to buy it...no matter what she charged me. I was totally shocked when I went up to her and she said "25 cents". I'd have paid a lot more than that for it had she asked. She actually had a few more done in other designs....but I don't know if she was hoping for more money for them.....so I didn't want to go back and ask for them, too. She is in the bell choir with me. I might email her this week and ask her if she'd sell me any she had left over from the yard sale today (if any). Be sure to click on the photo so you can see the work in greater detail. I can assure you, the needle-turn applique is outstanding on this piece...and the stitched flowers are wonderful, too. I'm thrilled with it....and I consider it another "rescue" as somebody took a LONG time to make this piece so nicely and I'd hate for it to have fallen into unappreciative hands!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
18 comments:
Wow the applique and embroidery are just wonderful and what a bargain you got!!
Crispy
excellent deal Pat.
It is very nice. Sad though when people undervalue their work.
This is very beautiful!!! I'm glad you rescued this beautiful piece of work.
This is so pretty - hope she "sells" you the others!!!
I'd hate to see someone actually use this as a hand towel. What do you plan to do with it?
so pretty and what a deal.........
That is beautiful.
So pretty....what detailed work.
So pretty....what detailed work.
Such very pretty work, so glad it found a new home with you.
That is some really tiny needle turn applique!! What a treasure you picked up! I would definitely call her and try to save more of these treasures!
This vintage linen I've actually sold in my shop ... they are from the 1940s & the poofed embroidered piece is exquisite. I can remember my Mother making these kinds of linen designs. Very tedious work. We sell them for $12 to $18 each.
Good buy ... never bleach of any kind, not even non-chlorine. TTFN ~ Marydon
That was a deal....
Pat, that is lovely. That the kind of thing I look for when I go to garage sales...and yarn, fabric, and books.
How beautiful. It is good that things like this are picked up by people like you that know the value and beauty of them.
Pat, This is a test because my husband is helping me with some computer issues. Please e-mail me at the address that shows up with this comment.
Post a Comment