Here is the photo of my gift from Kathy.....
I got some yardage of a green fabric and a rose-colored fabric to go along with the fat quarters I won recently (and blogged about...won them from Nancy of Patchwork Penguin blog). Don't these yardages go well with those fat quarters? Now I just have to decide what I will make with them.
Remember my door prize was a 20% discount on a kit? I chose these fabrics (MANY greens) for a March-themed shamrock table runner. The pieces for the front of the runner will be made from the pre-cut strips.....and the piece of fabric to the right will be the backing.
Last year I got a fun fabric (that I've not used yet) that is called Fruit Ladies (by Elizabeth's Studio). This next photo is what I got of Elizabeth's now.....called Beach Divas......really cute, and I have NO clue what I'll do with it. Any ideas??? (Click on it to see them more closely.)
Yes...I am a sucker for books on paper-piecing. This is one I just got by Linda Causee. It has a CD with it that allows you to print the patterns in any size from 2 inch to 8 inch (so you can make a true mini, if desired)........includes many great traditional-looking blocks as well as blocks for each month of the year, several blocks for Christmas, and the garden blocks shown in the last photo here. Hope you enjoyed seeing my purchases...I tried not to go wild and think I was quite reasonable in what I bought. I used a quilt shop gift certificate given to me for my birthday by Sherry, so that was a "bonus"!
15 comments:
Pat, I can see a great beach bag from the Beach Divas piece :) Great finds from your shop.
~ Dawn
I just love the Beach Divas. Too cute.
Great purchases Pat.
The beach ladies would look nice too as small individual wall hangings maybe for your beach loving friends.
The beach divas seems to be the fav!!! I love pottery- that piece is really nice!!!
Ooooo lots of great stuff Pat!! The divas are adorable, but have no suggestions....that's right none, what a shocker LOL.
Love the fabrics...I have seen the beach divas somewhere in blogland, but they were sitting with their backs to us along a wall or something...I haven't seen the actual fabrics. When I find them, all that are left are the pieces that go with.
That book looks very nice and good to have the cd to print the patterns. Much better than just copying. What will you make first?
lots of nice stuff.
but you know me...i can't wait to see that shamrock runner!!!
:)
What a beautiful piece of pottery!!
I am 'green' with envy... ha!! All your buys are great! Will keep you busy this year! I have to agree with the idea for a wonderful beach bag or purse!!!
Love your treasures.... would love to go shopping with you...Pottery is beautiful...all the fabric great.... but the beach divas are my favorite....they remind me of a girls trip to the South Carolina shore,with my sister, two daughters, sister-in -law and mother-in -law...I vote for a beach bag....
we had such fun...haven't had a chance to photo the fabric I got...was too interested in getting it put into the quilt. It looks just great. I am really interested in your paperpiecing book!
Nice stuff!!! You do well when you go shopping!!!
Truly love the pottery....and all of your fabric. It didn't dawn on me until now, until it came off the page that you really love paper pieceing, even with all of the projects you have made....(light bulb just goes off)...I don't paticularly like it...and have even given the books away....Maybe I just need better paper, pulling that paper off is the pits....
Good haul, Pat! The fabric is very pretty; my mum sent me some like that a while back but I haven't decided what to do with it yet.
The pottery piece is beautiful!
I have some Elizabeth's Studio fabrics, quilting ladies!
Lovely stash enhancements!!
Post a Comment