Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summertime kitchen fun......


Even though our weather makes us feel like summer isn't here yet, I am trying to get in the summertime mood. One of the things I love about summer is watermelon. (I even made a quilted watermelon wall-hanging that has been shown here a couple of times.) Today I discovered a cute website with all things watermelon.....fun ideas about watermelon as well as lots of interesting and fun facts about watermelon. This photo shows one of the many cute watermelon carvings on the website.......all with directions. I believe they call it Flowering Garden. SOMEDAY I'm going to try one of these for a party! It will remind me of the fabulous melon carvings I've seen on cruise ships....such fun! Click HERE for the website. Oh...one more thing........go have a look at yesterday's blog post for my friend, Kaye. She made a great t-shirt quilt for her grandson who just graduated high school and a photo is on her blog. (The photo was taken before the binding was done, but you can still see what a nice job she did as well as a nice photo of her with her grandson.) Here is where you click to get to that post on her blog.

15 comments:

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Now that is a lot of work. Cookie cutter flowers and every thing...

Wheww.

Pat

Crispy said...

That is soooo cute!! Someone has WAY too much time on their hands LOL.

Crispy

Barb said...

Watermelon here cost anywhere from 14.00 to 16.00 dollars...sheweeeeee

Betsy said...

That is one cute watermelon Pat

rachel griffith said...

SUPER cute.

Needled Mom said...

That would be a real party pleaser!

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh that looks so yummy and fresh. I love the idea of fruit flowers.

Myra said...

Cute stuff... would be too much fuss for me... lol!

Rachel said...

That watermelon sculpture looks like a lot of work. There's a company in town here that does things like that - Edible Arrangements, I think they're called. Very expensive!

I'm off to visit Kaye.

Have a great day!

Shanna said...

Wow that is so cute. I wish i had that much time on my hands.

andsewon said...

Pretty!! I have done the watermelon baskets with the fruit inside never anything like this!!
We have 2 pink tomatoes!!!!!

andsewon said...

Pretty!! I have done the watermelon baskets with the fruit inside never anything like this!!
We have 2 pink tomatoes!!!!!

julieQ said...

Looks good enough to eat! I have a watermelon in the fridge...hmmmm...

The Other Barb said...

that watermelon Flower garden is so cute! some people are so creative to even come up with these ideas. I'm a good copier :) Got to try this soon.

Jean said...

It is very cute, but a lot of work to get eaten up. lol