Friday, June 26, 2009

Gotta love these summer fruits and veggies.......

Designer Pat Sloan has a Yahoo group and last year posted a series of block patterns called Farmer's Market. Many did it as a complete wall-hanging but I decided to do some of the blocks separately to use on a small wall-hanger in my kitchen. Last year I did the strawberries and this year the corn. There are some others in the series I like but haven't done yet. I'm not happy with the workmanship on the corn, though. I prefer the machine applique stitching on the strawberries and I'm much happier with the binding on the strawberries. (I did the binding on the corn totally by machine....and I still haven't mastered doing that very well....but I'll keep trying.)

14 comments:

Betsy said...

cute idea Pat

ooglebloops said...

They look good to me!!!

Gene Black said...

adorable!

Doug said...

They look good enough to eat Pat!We've just picked our first ripe strawberry here but I didn't get to eat it!!

rachel griffith said...

very cute.
:)

Crispy said...

What a nice idea for these cute blocks Pat. The corn looks wonderful to me, Bob really liked it (he would eat corn at every meal if I didn't make him eat "green stuff" LOL).

Crispy

Anonymous said...

Traditional binding as on the strawberry is such a time-consuming process, so I'm always looking for short cuts too. If my attempts look as good as your corn, I'll be happy. Both adorable for summer!

Sara said...

I tend to stick to the tradional way of binding cause I can't get my machine binding to look anywhere close to the way yours looks...

Like them both...

Barb said...

I love them, what a wonderful idea....

Wendy said...

Pat they both are great...I have done machine binding a few times, not so good.....so I stick to the tradional...

Jean said...

Very cute. I think your binding looks fine. You know, no one looks at the binding except maybe another quilter.

Gari in AL said...

I really like the look of hand sewn binding but my fingers go to sleep when I do hand work so I only hand sew on gifts. Your appliques look great.

hetty said...

They both look great to me! Wonderful idea for a small area in a kitchen.

Angela said...

Adorable! Great job.