Lately, the yard sale treasures seem to be pretty few and far between (although I do love that vintage embroidered towel I got last week for just 25 cents...that I posted here several days back). Yesterday I got two things that really pleased me and I want to share them with you. One was this Jim Shore Easter figurine. (Sorry the photo is blurry.) I got it for just ONE dollar!!! I was tickled pink about that, I can assure you, because it goes for something like $20 in the store or online! This will look very nice alongside the Jim Shore Easter basket I already have in my collection.

The other purchase was this tin that has a lid that looks (both inside and outside) like the top to a blueberry pie....and the inside of the can looks like a whole bunch of blueberries in a pie. It was just 50 cents and I had to take it home with me. I really like it!

24 comments:
Ooo lovely finds Pat. I love the tin too, makes you wonder where people pick this stuff up originally. I've never seen anything like it in a store.
Crispy
Too cute. I love them both, but the tin is the best. You can hold a little hand sewing project in there. Thanks for sharing.
~Karen~
I've collected tins in the past and had to purge my collection because I just didn't know what to do with so many. However, if I had the blueberry pie tin, it would have be a keeper!
Great finds! I love that Jim Shore figurine. You got a deal!
Aren't yard sales wonderful? Those are really great finds. I'm looking forward to a big yard sale in Gaithersburg next Saturday. wish me luck!
LOVE the blueberry tin. That is the most unique one I have ever seen. Would make an excellent button keeper.
great finds Pat. That tin is just adorable.
I haven't gone out yard saleing in forever. You got some great buys. Congrats. LOVE Jim Shore ~ especially the Tinkerbell ones.
Love that tin, Pat...it looks almost perfect too.
How cute, I like that tin.
Oh what a deal on the JS for sure!!
Adore his things I have seen in many a quilt shop.
Unique tin too.. I have a pie tin for toting pies, was gift from MIL but not done inside ...cool!!!
No sales for me...on a spend less diet... ha!!
What a different blueberry pie ... hadn't seen this before. Neat!
TTFN ~ Marydon
Way cool Pat! The tin is so neat, and the Jim Shore, well that was a steal!! Enjoy them both :-)
WOW, Jim Shore!!! Lucky Lucky! Those are a couple of great treasures and for such a small investment. I can see why people go to yard sales. Enjoy!
Fun finds Pat. You found some really great deals. The tin is great- I love tins and boxes- they are really funky..
Enjoy your great finds.
Regards,
Anna
Love that tin! What are you going to put in it?
You are killing me....I just love garage selling......love what you got.
I love the blueberry tin!!!! Too cool!! I have two Jim Shore pieces, one is a bunny and was a gift from Laura and Sharon,two of my best quilting buds, and the other is a snowman that was a gift from my quilt retreat friend, Sara. You are right...you got a deal on that bunny!
love the finds
Wonderful finds there Pat! 8-)
Wow you did great!!!
Hey Pat,
I LOVE Jim Shore figures! The bunny is so cute!! I'm going to do one wall in "Guess How Much I Love You" pink toile bunnies in the little girl's room. :-)
Hope all is well with you and yours!
Jennifer
Oh, my, aren't you the lucky girl!
I love tins and that is one of the best ones I've ever seen! Congrats!
I love-love-love that tin!!
How unique!
Post a Comment