Also on Wednesday, I got a wonderful birthday package from Sandi of A Legacy of Stitches (click HERE for that blog). She also has a couple of other great blogs and owns a couple of Yahoo groups that are terrific. (You can find info about that on her blog, if you wish...or email me to ask.) Anyway.....below is a photo of that package. She included so many goodies for me......a wonderful pattern of hers, a recipe booklet, an inspirational booklet, two lovely fat quarters, a red/white/blue dish towel, some post-it notes, and a great book to make paper-pieced quilt labels (she knows I LOVE paper-piecing), and a very cute card that has special meaning as there is a sheep on it and I'm part of her Wooly Buddies Yahoo group! Thanks, Sandi.....this was a nice surprise to get in the mail.
My birthday was very nice......went to lunch with a few gals. I was going to eat dinner out, too, but I was honestly too full from lunch, so I'll do dinner out another night soon. Hubby surprised me with a Nintendo DS Lite unit and an extra game for it. The grandkids will now think Grammy is "cool" since they have those units, too! (MY games are harder than theirs, though....LOL) I got very nice cards from our daughter and the grandkids. They had hoped to come here for the day but between her work schedule and an injury she got at work (might be a torn meniscus), she was unable to come. With the horrible downpours of rain we've had, I'd not have been too comfortable with her being on the road with the kids in that kind of weather anyway.I want to thank the many of you who contacted me with birthday wishes, which were very much appreciated. And also, I am happy that so many of you went to the Ooglebloops' blog I mentioned and were able to help her get BEYOND her hoped-for 40 followers! You folks are the best!!! OH...and Woo-Hoo....folks from Latvia, Lithuania, and Ireland checked in on my blog yesterday....such fun to see so many countries and states represented now on my flag counters.
16 comments:
LOL look at you go!! You are on a winning streak!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Great going Pat and you deserve it. I ordered something online, it was shipped but hasn't arrived, maybe today before we leave for VA and Graduation
Well you certainly had a wonderful birthday and what a great win and a bonus present(s) from Sandi.
Here's to cool grammas LOL.
Crispy
I'm glad to hear you had a great birthday. Too bad your daughter and grandkids couldn't join you, but I'm sure they all know how cool Grammy is already!
Great mail. How nice of Sandi to send you such a beautiful gift. And those fat quarters... *drool* I got good mail this week, too. I'll blog about it later today. I'm up waaaayyyy too early (got up at 5-ish) so I'm going to do some sewing. Yippeee. That's better than sleeping!
Have a great day! It's FRIDAY!!!
wow Pat, you won the jackpot. your gifts look fabulous.
Hey, that is so cool! I'm Lithuanian, so very deserving of a visit from them. I've got a country counter on the bottom of my blog, guess I'd better go check it out.
What a fabulous birthday! Look at all that loot. Woo hoo!!!
I got my book and fat quarter yesterday! Thank you soooo much! My mom saw the book and wants the quilt on the cover. I am going to teach her how to make the hexagons so she can help. LOL
Happy Birthday....lovely presents and giveaway prizes.
Enjoy your lovely gift. Happy bday. TTFN ~ Marydon
What a haul! That's awesome. Such fun fabrics and gadgets. Jenn
Morning, Pat. Oooooooh, lovely fat quarters! Bet you'll have something sewn up with them in no time!! Glad you liked your gifties! I knew that you would like that paper-pieced label book. I always thought paper-piecing was hard til I finally had someone show me and it just clicked!
You are probably swimming with all these fun things you can do with your loot....I am glad for you. Glad you had a nice B day.
What a fun mail day and I'm glad you had a very nice birthday. What a sweet gift your husband gave you.
Pat, I know I'm late but wishing you a Happy Birthday. Yours is the same as my brothers. Sounds like you had a wonderful day. Love your new gadget on your blog.
Keep Stitchen'
Bonnie
Pat...Happy Birthday!!!!
Love all your goodies...I am waiting to see what you do with the fat quarters...
Wonderful goodies Pat! 8-)
Post a Comment